CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: DRAWING TREE'S

"I don't believe it

"I don't believe it. He can't really be with them." Lydia shook her head, as Stiles and I stood in her living room. We had just caught her up on all the event's she'd missed last night - including the fact Scott was now with Deucalion. "He can't be."

Stiles sighs. "You didn't see the look on his face, though. It was..." His voice trails off, as if he's remembering the sight. I remembered it too, picturing it in my mind just made my stomach turn.

"Then what can I do? I mean I get that I'm some kind of like...human geiger counter for death...but, I don't know how to turn it on and off yet. All I know is she tried to kill me because of...."

Lydia's voice trails off, and she looks down, as if she was realising something for the first time since last night.

My brows knitted together. "Because of what?"

"Hey, Lydia, what?" Stiles encouraged, after she didn't immediately respond.

"When she called me a banshee. She was surprised by it. What if that's not why she tried to kill me?" Lydia's eyes move onto us, wide with realisation.

"Then why did she?" Stiles questions, something roaming in all our minds.

"That's what we need to find out."

_

It felt so pointless to be at school. I envied every student that we passed down the corridor, how simple and normal their lives were. I'd honestly do anything to go back to that. Anything was better than this.

"Aiden isn't texting me back." Lydia groaned, as she struggled to match Stiles and I's pace. I wanted to get out of this school as quickly as we'd came, and get back to actually finding our dad.

Stiles stopped in place, his eyes moving rapidly around the halls, forcing the two of us to stop besides him. I could tell the hopelessness was creeping back in for him, and I needed him to not feel like that. I needed him by my side, because I knew if he fell apart I would too.

"Well, maybe we could just...we could go over there-"

Only Lydia stops speaking when my phone vibrates in my pocket, and I waste no time digging it out knowing it could be Isaac or Allison messaging with news.

From: Isaac

The plan didn't work. Jennifer took Allison's dad. We're on our way back to her's. I'm sorry.

My lips slowly parted reading the message.

Jennifer had all 3.

Which meant she was probably mere moments away from carrying out her plan and killing our dad. My heart dropped into my stomach, as I looked up at my brother. I didn't want to tell him. I knew it was going to wreck him, and I hated the fact I was going to have to be the one to make him feel that way.