Mingyu

In my head was the last place I wanted to be. I replayed my recent interaction with Wonwoo, picking it apart piece by piece. How he'd felt pressed against me, or the way his ass had sucked me in and clenched tightly, threatening to never let me go. However, that wasn't the case. Wonwoo ran, and I let him every single time.

I ground my teeth as my fingers curled around the knife in my hand. Muffled screams pulled me back to reality, and I blinked a few times as everything came into view. Gone were Wonwoo's blue eyes and warm touch.

A heavy sigh fell from between my lips as I took in former officer Aaron Chandler. Even while dissociating, I'd made sure to avoid any vital spots. His leg was a carved-up mess. If I squinted and tilted my head slightly to the right, I could make out Wonwoo's name.

I dragged the sharp blade over the torn flesh, and it split further. Blood ran down the sides and joined the growing puddle.

"We can do this all night," I said.

He shook his head, the cloth in his mouth keeping him from talking. Reaching up, I removed the damp fabric.

"You... you haven't asked me anything."

I blinked. I'd been too deep in thought. Shrugging, I stood up taller and loomed over Chandler. "Why waste my breath? You know why I'm here."

He shook his head. Why did they all want to do it the hard way? Normally, I looked forward to those who could hold out against me. The longer they did, the longer I could enjoy my time holding a knife and watching blood spill. Lately, however, my patience was paper thin.

Any second now, I'd slice his throat. We'd be back at square one, trying to find out who was steadily fucking us out of money and trying to ruin connections.

"Did you think stealing from us would work out for you?"

Chandler shook his head. "No, I would nev—"

I twisted the knife around. The crunch of bone resonated around me like someone chewing on corn nuts. A thick gush of blood followed and splattered on my already blood-soaked hands.

"All lines lead to you," I said.

Rolling my shoulders back, I stared down at him as he turned his head, spitting the blood that dripped into his mouth. The rap of knuckles on a door gave me pause. I looked up just in time as Seokmin and Soonyoung walked in.

"Anything?" Seokmin asked.

I shook my head as we all stared down at the man who'd fucked us over. His eyes widened the moment he realized he didn't just have one but all three Kim brothers there.

"You did a number on my business." Seokmin pulled out a cigarette and lit it as he brought it to his lips. "I can't help but feel as if you were unhappy with the amount of money you were getting from me."

Chandler coughed. "No. I... I didn't do this. Siwon dragged me in." His eyes pleaded with us to believe him.

Seokmin blew a puff of smoke out, filling the air with the smell of tobacco. He looked calm, as if the whole ordeal wasn't threatening our very foundation. "And you kept it going?"

Chandler flinched and tugged at his restraints, but he wasn't going anywhere.

"I was going to tell you about it," he cried out.

Seokmin hummed and nodded at me. "You see, I don't believe that. Why should I trust anything that comes out of your mouth right now?"

An undignified squeal came from him as I brought my knife to his chest.

A memory of me doing this very same thing to Wonwoo flashed before my eyes, and heat traveled down my spine, followed quickly by longing. My hold tightened until Chandler screamed out in pain. I loosened my grip slightly and shoved down the memory of Wonwoo. It would only further distract me.