Ch. 8- I Didn't Mean It

They pulled up to an older looking house. The walls seemed to made from logs and the front windows had yellow curtains hanging inside. It was very quaint, but fairly large. From the outside, it gave the feeling of home- that welcoming ache you get in your core.

They were far from the beach. This house was set back into the woods, just on the edge a weeping willow hanging just on the outskirts of the yard. It was a one story house, with a log porch stretching across the entirety of the front of the house. Two rocking chairs sat on either side of the white door. A fuzzy glass pane was perfectly centered in the door.

Cas and Dean walked up the single step leading to the door and Castiel patiently waited as Dean fumbled with the key.

"Sorry, not many of the houses we offer have this kind of lock. This is one of the older houses on the market. So, this is one of the older locks, so it's pretty old." Dean muttered. He eventually stuck it in the door and they walked into the house.

Castiel was immediately taken aback. Directly across from the door, on the other side of the living room, a fire burned brightly in the fireplace. A large black couch sat between the fire place and door, centered in the room. Two recliners sat angled towards the fire place, end tables placed to their sides against the couch.

In the back right corner, a door led into the kitchen/dining room. To the left of the front door, an opening led to a study/bathroom. To the right of the front door, a corner room sat unoccupied.

"The rest of the furniture in the house is yours to keep. This is the only room that has to be furnished. I believe this is the master bedroom?" Dean looked around the large room.

Two windows took up the majority of the exterior corner walls. Where Castiel saw the perfect place to put the bed, a window sat right across, giving him a perfect view of the weeping widow blowing in the wind outside.

Castiel loved the home. He could see himself growing old with the one he loved- little children running in the grass outside, maybe a Saint Bernard chasing them, eliciting high-pitched squeals from them. Castiel almost smiled at the thought. Almost.

Dean looked out the window and Castiel watched as his eyes scanned the yard outside. Dean seemed to lose himself in thought. He let a small smile slip onto his tired face, Castiel finding him extremely attractive in the moment.

Suddenly, Dean became the person beside Castiel in his thoughts- Dean stood beside him at an alter; Dean beside him as they witnessed their surrogate mother gave birth to their first child; Dean taking the little girl prom dress shopping and cleaning a gun when her first date showed up; Dean buying a puppy for their daughter's second birthday; Dean holding his hand as they waited for their first grandchild; Dean in the rocking chair beside his as they watched their grandchildren sprout and grow before their very eyes.

Castiel felt a creep of blush sprout up his neck, making its way to his face. Dean turned to look at him, the sun catching in the gold of his emerald eyes. They say in a staring contest, both too entranced to look away.

Finally, Dean cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck. "So?"

"Oh, right." Castiel cleared his throat, "Th-this house is definitely up there, but I'd like to look at a few more if you don't mind?" Castiel asked.

Truth be told, he didn't want it to be over. He enjoyed Dean's company too much. What would happen after Castiel had finally made his choice?

Dean let a look pass over his face, but only for a fleeting moment before tucking it away. Castiel didn't have enough time to determine the look.