Ch. 22- And The Story Unfolds

"So how is this going to work?" Sam asked, laughing a bit at his husbands plan.

"Well, dinner should be ready soon, so after dinner, when the kids are asleep, we'll have Daddy-Uncle time." Gabriel winked.

Sam scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion, "That sounds like you're going to try to get with my brother."

"Is that still an option?" Gabriel asked seriously, earning him a smack on the arm from Sam.
•••
"Is there anything else I can do?" Dean asked as Gabriel took the burgers from him.

"No, Sam and I just have to finish prepping now and then we'll all be ready to eat. Go explore the house or something, yeah?" Gabriel handed Dean a beer and turned to walk away from him.

Dean took the chance to explore the nice two story house, which he figured he could have gave the two a better deal on if he had still been in real estate. He walked upstairs to where the twins played in their play pens.

"Hey, kiddos!" Dean smiled at the babies, walking first to Jonathan's crib. His blonde hair had grown a lot in the past seven months and was almost as long as his father's. His bright, hazel eyes squinted up as he smiled at his uncle, reaching his pudgy little hands up to the side to pull himself to stand.

"Look at you, Mr. Big Stuff now, ain't you?" Dean laughed, before he heard a whine to his left. "Awe, does someone want Uncle Dean's attention?"

Lailah cooed at her uncle as she tried to mimic her brother and failed, falling back on her rear. Dean chuckled at her actions before picking her up and sitting in the rocking chair by Jonathan's crib.

"Look at you, almost as big as me, aren't you?" He said, placing Lailah on the floor between his legs and holding her hands to help her stand. Her red curls flopped about as she wobbled on her legs. She babbled and cooed at him as her smile grew.

"Oh really? Tell me about it. Oh, I know! Really?" He responded to her babbles. "Can you say 'Dean'?"

"Eee," came her tiny response.

"D-ean," he egged on.

"D-d-dee," she smiled.

"Yep, you're gonna be spoilt aren't you?" Dean laughed and picked her up.

Jonathan simply babbled in his crib as Dean talked to them both. Before too long, he ended up in the middle of the floor with both babies in his lap, reading story after story to their little hearts content.

"'I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them Sam-I-Am'," Dean read from the Dr. Seuss book he read to Sammy as a kid. "Go figure your dad would have this," Dean chuckled.

"Shut up and finish the story," came a smooth voice from behind him.

Dean snapped his head to find Cas standing in the doorway, a wide smile on his face and one of Dean's Metallica t-shirts hanging from his shoulders. "Hey, Cas."

Castile ventured further in the room to sit beside Dean, taking Lailah to sit in his lap as he motioned for Dean to continue with the story.

Dean finished the book before angling Jonathan and himself to face Lailah and Castiel. "Hey, Cas."

"Hello, Dean," Cas smiled.

"Or should I say Kason?" Dean chuckled.

"Same to you, Donnie." Cas' smile widened.

"I still can't believe you named me after a Fall Out Boy song." Dean shook his head.

"It was either that or Dawson so shut up."