Ch. 10- Getting To Know You

Castiel stood there in shock, Dean's eyes never leaving his. They stood that way, hand-in-hand, for an eternity before Gabriel cleared his throat loudly.

"Uh, should we be heading to dinner?"

Castiel shook his head, clearing his thoughts, "I thought you were cooking, Gabe?" He pulled his shaking hand away from Dean's.

Gabriel let out a laugh, "As if. If we ever tried to cook, you may want to call 9-1-1."

Castiel forced a smile, he could feel Dean's entrancing eyes still on him.

"Well," Sam clapped through the awkward tension in the room, "let's get going, shall we?"

They all piled out to Sam's car, the small backseat forcing Castiel and Dean to sit closely together.

Gabriel contained a smile as he grabbed his husband's hand that wasn't on the steering wheel. Castiel watched their hands, wishing he could do the same to Dean.

He glanced over at the silent man, only to be met with glowing green orbs.

"What?" Castiel whispered.

"I-I just-" Dean whispered back, "you?"

"What about me?" Castiel squinted.

"I just- Sam said- and then you- and," Dean was at a total loss for words. Why didn't he realize it sooner!? Gabriel Novak was Castiel Novak's brother. Duh, you dip-shit.

Castiel exhaled sharply before turning to look out the window. Dean following suit.

*four years ago*

Dean stood beside his younger brother, ecstatic that his day had finally arrived. Today was the day his little Moose would marry the love of his life- Gabriel Novak.

The rest of Sam's wedding party all stood to the left of Dean- two women and one man. Sam stood to his right in a black tux, a golden flower pinned to his lapel.

His wedding party all wore the color navy blue- the same golden flower pinned to their chests.

They had planned the wedding for October 11, 2006, traveling all the way to the Ozark's for the beautiful ceremony.

The glass chapel had been decorated with rose petals down the isle and tulips painted gold were captured in water, placed in vases at the end of each pew.

Just as Sam reaches his spot and his music faded out, Gabriel's wedding party started in.

Two women and then his best man- his brother, Castiel. Dean had met Castiel at the rehearsal dinner the night before- and they hit it off amazingly. But that's where it ended. Both men currently in a relationship.

Last came the ring barer- Micheal's six year old son- before the doors were closed and only to be reopened moments later. The congregation stood as Gabriel entered on the arm of his older brother Micheal- the only family member to accept him.

Gabriel Novak looked dashing in his white suit, the golden flower standing out against the white backdrop.

Dean watched as Sam's face broke out in a smile and tears began to form in his eyes. Dean quickly took out a tissue and pressed it into Sam's hands, which were clasped beside his back.

They had a beautiful ceremony- everyone laughing when it came time for their kiss, their height differences forcing a challenge.

Afterwards, the wedding parties both joined arms- a member of Sam's with a member of Gabe's- and Castiel and Dean talked the entire walk down the isle.