Ch. 23- The Story Of Us

Sam simply smiled at his husband before looking urgently back at the newfound couple.

Dean rubbed at the back of his neck as a blush took shape on his cheeks. Castiel coughed slightly before kicking at the ground, "Well, you see, uh..."

"We, well, we kind of..." Dean started shyly.

Gabriel squinted his eyes at his brother and brother-in-law, "You never actually broke up."

Dean chuckled nervously as Castiel's face fell.

***

"What!?" Sam asked, slightly aghast.

"These two little shits played us." Gabriel said.

"Well, no, not technically. I wouldn't say we 'played' you, per sé. More we just...um..." Castiel began.

"We played you two like fiddles." Dean stated simply.

"Dean!" Cas smacked his arm.

"Well!" Dean laughed as he rubbed at the spot on his bicep.

"You two. Sit. Now." Gabriel said sternly.

Dean and Castiel shared one of the patio chairs before facing Gabriel with innocent eyes. Sam sat down across from them while Gabriel sat on the arm rest of Sam's chair.

"Spill the beans." Gabriel stated, narrowing his eyes at both men.

Dean cleared his throat, "Well, we weren't entirely sure where we were in the relationship, and you two were oh-so-serious about it playing out perfectly, so we decided to relax for a minute."

"After we left the hospital," Castiel began, "-which all of that was partially real, by the way. We really had that argument, that wasn't planned. Well, I went back to my hotel room and got ready to catch my flight out. For about a month, we weren't speaking and I got on with my life. Until I got home one day and he was there. He was sitting in the fucking dark with a champagne bottle."

Dean chuckled from behind him, "Yeah, you weren't expecting that champagne bottle to scare you so bad either, did you?"

"Listen, assbutt. When you're not expecting anything and you hear a cork fly past your ear, you try and remain quiet."

Dean was cackling now, "The neighbors called the land lord and reported a woman screaming next door!"

"It scared me! Okay? Can we just get back to the story, please?" Castiel sounded annoyed.

"Yeah, yeah, alright." Dean stopped laughing to clear his throat. "Well, we talked for a bit after he got stopped threatening to call the cops one me and we cleared everything up and that's when we came up with the plan to get you guys off our backs."

"After a couple months we got back into our normal life and everything was alright, until our what would have been our six month anniversary."

"Hey, that was our six month anniversary because I never quit the relationship." Dean mumbled.

"Anyways," Castiel continued, "we went out to eat and it led to this-" he showed his hand up to show something neither of the couple had scene yet.

There, on Castiel's left ring finger, below his promise ring, was a perfectly black and silver circle-

One, they noticed, that matched Dean's.
********
Hi guys, so this is kind of a filler, I'm sorry. I am also sorry to not have updated in....a month? Two months? I get out for winter holiday in two days so maybe more updates soon??

Also, when I logged in I had 200+ notifications and a lot of your comments were really great! The votes helped a lot also! Thank you guys so much!!

To all my new followers and readers, welcome! I normally try to update often and normally that plan fails....oops! Just bare with me and I'll try to continue to supply the gay sex stuff.

Thank you all!

-P.