Ch. 6-It's In The Family

Dean woke up the next morning and lay there staring at the roof as the sun shot its first rays over the horizon. He let an hour pass, and then another, and then another, before his growling stomach tore him from the security of his warm bed.

He walked through the house in only his boxers, his sweatpants lost sometime last night, and made his way to the kitchen. He poured himself a bowl of cereal before turning to look over his shoulder, "Hey, babe-" he began, before quickly stopping and turning back to his dry cereal.

I just need to hurry and get out of this house.

He grabbed the milk and quickly are his Fruit Loops before running upstairs and straight to the shower.

He took a slow shower, shampooing and conditioning his hair. Washing his body once-

twice-

three times- before brushing his teeth in the shower and even going so far as to shave his face.

After an hour in the steamy shower, he turned off the water and grabbed a towel, drying his torso and hair before wrapping the towel around his waist. He stepped out and inspected his face in the mirror. He plucked a few stray eye brows ((hey, guys can pamper too)) and set about making sure he hadn't missed any hair in the shower. He then applied after shave and stepped into his bedroom. He walked through the large, empty room to the closet and carefully picked out a pair of old blue jeans and grabbed a white t-shirt from his chest of drawers.

No need to look formal today, you're just helping the guy find a house.

He quickly put on the clothing, searching for his belt and boots to go with it. He found a green button up shirt to finish the outfit off, and completed it with the necklace his brother had given him two years ago.

1'o'clock

He decided he would go ahead and leave, putting his laptop, phone, and house files into a satchel bag. He grabbed his keys off the counter top, leather jacket off the coat rack, and locked the door behind him before getting into his car.

He drove to his office firm, parked in his usual spot, and headed inside.

"Naomi," Dean stopped at the front desk, "Any messages?"

"None, Mr. Winchester, sir." She didn't so much as look at him.

He nodded his head and went back to his office. He grabbed what he needed before turning around and walking out.

"I'm taking Mr. Novak out to look at a few more houses." He said over his shoulder to his receptionist.

"Dean?"

He stopped with his hand on the door, turning back to face her. "Yes, Miss Rider?"

"She'll come back, okay?"

He stood there, mouth gaping, before turning and quickly stepping out the door.
__________________

Castiel slept until 11:00, the jet lag still making it hard for him to wake up. He lay in bed, watching the shadows from the cars outside dance across his walls.

He eventually pulled himself out of bed, checking his phone for any missed calls.

1 missed call&voicemail and 3 text messages.

He clicked the voice mail, hearing the one voice he wanted to hear- his mothers.

"Castiel. Stop pestering to get in touch with us. I have told you, we refuse to claim you as long as you keep on with your current relationship. As for this "important business" you feel the need to discuss, I will not listen. Goodbye, Castiel." His mothers stern voice came to an end. He pressed redial.