Ch. 13- Oh, Well This Is Fun..

"Castiel, I am not driving that." Dean motioned for Castiel's car in front of him.

"Oh, come on! He's my baby!" Castiel lay across the hood of car, hugging it.

"Oh, God. Of course it's a he." Dean scoffed, rubbing a hand across his green eyes.

"Deeean!" Castiel whined, "You can take night shift and I'll take day shift, if you like? Plus, it'll save on gas!" Castiel motioned with his arms.

"But it's a fücking Prius!" Dean argued. "Not only is it a Prius, it's a blue Prius! You have the definition of gay-soccer Dad sitting right here!" Dean laughed a little.

Castiel wasn't letting Dean offend him that easily, "Fine. Walk." With that, Castiel got in the driver's seat and put the car in reverse.

They had all of their necessities- food and water and money- and Castiel had already filled up the small vehicle and even kept an extra tank of fuel in the back of the car. It was currently Wednesday, they had bought all the food they would need and packed it into the small car. The sun had yet to rise over the horizon, making the sky a sort of grayish color. Dean quickly realized that his cash, clothes, and phone all lay in that sorry excuse for a vehicle.

He ran after Castiel, who had currently made it to the stop light on the corner, and jumped in quickly before giving Castiel an evil glare, "Fine. I'll take night shift."

Castiel laughed before starting on their route.
------------

They had been driving for nearly eight hours, it being nearly twelve in the afternoon, when they decided to stop off for a bite to eat.

"So where to?" Castiel asked as they pulled up to yet another red light.

"Uh, I don't know. What do you think?" Dean asked groggily, his bum hurting him from sitting so long.

"There's a Ruby Tuesday right ahead if you'd like?" Castiel glanced over at Dean. He had been thinking about last night- their second night sharing a bed. Was Dean serious about everything, or am I just a rebound for him?

Castiel shook the thoughts from his mind as Dean nodded. He drove until they were able to pull into Ruby Tuesday and parked the car quickly. He turned off the car and unbuckled his seat belt, turning to Dean.

"Dean. Before we go in here, I just have one question?" He stated totally serious, confidence boiling in his chest.

Dean turned to him, pausing his struggle with the seat belt. "Yes, Castiel?"

Castiel's heart fluttered at the hint of innocence in Dean's voice and the glimmer in his eye. Just ask him if you're a rebound. "I wanted to ask you-" he sighed, "do you like Doctor Who?"

Dean smiled, "Hell yeah!" He finished with the seat belt and turned excitedly to Castiel. "Who's your favorite Doctor?"

Castiel smiled, "Definitely Twelve. He really connects with my inner smartass."

Dean chuckled, "I'm stuck between Ten or Eleven. They're both like balls of joy wrapped up in a three year old."

"Yes, but never forget," Castiel said in an ominous tone.

"Don't. Skip. Nine." They said this together and laughed at their shared inner-nerd.

They got out of the car and walked to the entrance, debating on their favorite companion.

Just as their drink orders were being taken, they stopped their waitress- a red head with square glasses and Charlie on her name tag, "Excuse me, miss. Do you watch Doctor Who?" Dean questioned.