Chapter 14

"I'm sorry you're staying where?" Kie questioned John B as she got them all drinks.

"Tannyhill." John B said.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." Kie asked angrily.

"Okay look the only reason i'm living there is because her dad bailed me out alright? And it's way better than foster care which by the way is where I was about to go if ward didn't-" John B stated trying to explain himself.

"Hey so do you have a membership to the club now?" Pope asked jokingly.

"I don't know Pope."John B shrugged.

"What about those little gold carts they dive around in? You get one of them?" JJ says.

"Does ur come with a sweater vest or do you have to buy one on your own?" Pope asked.

"Are u gonna ditch us and become best friends with Rafe." JJ said cheekily and looking over to Isla.

"Shut up." Isla laughed.

"Yall should go on double dates." Pope added.

Isla scoffed.

"I would never leave you guys especially for Rafe." John B laughed.

"Aww sweet." JJ said.

Kie interrupted the conversation. "Look you promised. You said you weren't with her."

"Bro own it she got you." JJ shrugged.

"Look if you wanna hang out with that's fine but i'm letting you know now that i'm not doing anything with Sarah." Kie said looking at John B.

"Do you see her here No right okay. A little focus would be Fantastic." John B said feeling accused.

"Well it's all out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ said frustrated.

"It's cause the coast had changed." Kie said she knew alot about the coast.

"So we look for landmarks that haven't changed?" Pops questioned looking at the map.

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

"We're in battery right here. So if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here." Pope said looking at map.

Isla was looking at the map pretending to focus on it but all she could think about was Rafe. She hadn't spoken to him since she left him at midsummers. She wanted to check on him but knew they would probably end up arguing with each other and she didn't want that. All they seem to do right now is argue. She missed him.

The rest of the group were discussing where it was.

"Found it." Pope announced. They all jumped back into the van and begun to drive.

"Okay so the road should split up here. Alright you're gonna take a left." Pope instructed John B.

"That looks like a stone wall to me." JJ pointed to the wall.

"Not the Crain house." John B said.

"Why'd it have to be here?" Pope asked. "Of all places?"

"What's wrong with this place?" Isla asked unsure why everyone sounded unhappy.

They all gave each other a look.

They all got out the van and jumped over the wall.

"Honestly i don't really belive the stories of this place." John B announced.