Chapter Three

"MIRZA!!" an angry voice growled.

...

Maaz had a meeting with his client that was going to take place in the hospital but due to some last minute changes, they had to come to the cafe. Maaz and the client were nearly done with the meeting when his gaze fell on his brother entering the cafe.

To say he was shocked was an understatement, but he focused on finishing the meeting first because right now this was his priority.

"Thank you for having us here and adjusting to the last minute changes Mr.Khan, we really appreciated it" Maaz smiled and nodded in response.

After bidding farewell to the client, Mazz picked up his file and stormed off angrily to where Mirza and Hussain were sitting giggling about, not paying any attention to their surroundings. 

"MIRZA!!" he growled out angrily to gain his younger brothers attention. 

Mirza's eyes widened comically, hearing his brother's voice. What was he doing here? Didn't he have a meeting? Most of all, why was he in the cafe? These were the only thoughts that preoccupied Mirza's mind as soon as he heard his elder brothers voice.

"B..Bhaiya" he stammered out, making eye contact with Maaz. He looked towards Hussain, who looked just as equally shocked. Both of them were well aware, if Maaz found out they were bunking, they were definitely in for it. 

"Oh wow, what are you doing here? Didn't you have a meeting? Nice weather, right?" he laughed out nervously, but he immediately shut up looking at Maaz's unwavering gaze and Hussain couldn't help but face palm at his friends stupidity.

Mirza discretely elbowed Hussain to do something, who just looked as Clueless.

"Bhaiya app waise yaha pe kya kar rahe ho?" Mirza finally spoke, with the intention to divert his attention.

[Btw, what are you doing here]

"Meri to meeting ke last minute changes ho gye the location me. Nice try, but diverting my attention isn't that easy" answers Maaz, but took his tone firmly at the end of the sentence.

[Some last minute changes were made to the location of the meeting I had]

"What on earth are you doing here? I'm pretty sure you are meant to be in college right now" Maaz's voice help no ounce of softness, it was like he already knew what was happening, but he was testing to what extent these both would go.

Mirza and Hussain gulped and both tried to think of something to say to save each other from the trouble they have bought on themselves. "Bhaiya, wo ajj college jaldi end hogye-" came Mirza's miserable reply but immediately looked down shutting his mouth when Maaz's gaze darkened, penetrating  holes into his head. 

[Umm, the college ended quickly tod-]

It wasn't easy to lie to his brothers, he was like a open book that his brothers could read. "Listen to me very carefully, pick up your bags and move to the car" Maaz emphasized on the sentence to get the message across. 

"But bhaiya-" Hussain attempt to save themselves failed when he was cut of by Maaz. "No buts or ands, if you both know what is best for you. Stand up and get a move on, you better be seated in the car within the next 30 seconds or..." he left a empty threat which seemed to work on the boys because they both scurried off without wasting another second. 

"Hum to gye ajj" Hussain said once they got to the car, Mirza just nodded in response busy thinking of ways that could help him escape his brothers wrath. 

[We are gone today]

"Tum dono abhi tak andhar nahi bethe?" asked Maaz sternly once he arrived after paying the bill. "Wo bhai, car waha pe khadi hai, jisme hum aye the" responded Hussain meekly, whilst Maaz just stared at him.