Chapter Ten

Maaz decided to ignore the chaos and bought a morsel of food up to Majed's face, he knew his hand still hurt and he wasn't about to risk him using it.

Majed glanced at the food In front of him before looking at Maaz and shook his head in 'no' and tried to discreetly get off his lap as Maaz's hands were occupied with food but immediately stopped looking at the hard glare directed towards him.

"Majed, you aren't getting up from here no matter what you say, so it'll be better for you to just open your mouth and eat up" Maaz spoke sternly, he wasn't going to let someone's words change their family dynamics. When Majed finally opened his mouth, Maaz's eyes softened at the child.

Majed leaned in relaxing his stiff body in Maaz's embrace, seeking comfort. Maaz sighed when he felt him relax and smiled at him before kissing his forehead softly.

"Khana thanda ho raha hai, start kijie" Murtasim spoke after a while of awkward silence, and slowly the environment started to shift back to normal as Murtasim engaged in little talks with Sofia and Mirza unpaused the bickering session with his eldest brother, though Majed seemed to remain silent.

{Food's getting cold, please help yourself}

After dinner they decided to watch a movie and five minutes in Sofia got a call, so she moved out of the room. "Umm, I'm needed at home so I will take my leave now. Thank you for having dinner with me." Sofia reported once she stepped back into the room.

"Is everything alright?" Murtasim questioned

"Yes everything is well" she responded with a smile and Murtasim nodded his head in understanding. She bid her farewell and walked out being followed by Murtasim.

"Sofia" Murtasim called out to gain her attention. "I didn't say anything inside but please do not ever comment on the relationship we brothers have. I understand that Majed may have spoken in anger yesterday but that does not mean you get to comment on his personality or character. I have raised him and i know my child more than myself and I can assure you he isn't what you tried to portray him as. Avoid making them uncomfortable in your presence because my brothers are my life and I wouldn't hear a word against them, ever. I hope I have made myself clear!" His eyes were hard and his words stern. He didn't want Sofia to feel insulted and only for this reason he didn't speak up inside but no matter what, he wasn't ever going to tolerate words against his brothers.

Sofia looked at him for a few seconds but then nodded her head. Murtasim finally relaxed his tense muscles and passed her a small smile and Sofia took her leave.

...

"Yaar yeh kya movie lagayi hai, mujhe Nahi dekhni" Mirza whined, and the Maaz hummed agreeing whilst Majed stared off into space being lost in his own world.

{What type of movie are we watching, I don't wanna watch this}

Majed's mind repeated the words frequently that he heard in the dining room. He knew somewhere deep down his brothers won't ever think of him as he had been portrayed by Sofia but then the negative thoughts were getting the best of him.

"...Jed....MAJED!!" he broke out of his thoughts when he heard his name being called out. Looking at the source from where he was hearing the voice, he found Maaz staring at him with a concerned look as if he was trying to read his mind.

"Ji, apne mujh se kujh kaha bhaiya" he questioned and he didn't miss the way Mirza and Maaz exchanged a look.

{Yes, did you say something}

"Arey, movie kyu rok di?" Murtasim enquired upon entering the room, breaking the conversation between the others.

{Why did you guys stop the movie}