Chapter Fifteen

Maaz was about to return to his room but closed his tightly when he was stopped by Murtasim, "Aur app kaha ja rahe hai Doctor sahab"

...

"Nothing, I'm just going to my room to rest" his response didn't offer him any help and Murtasim smiled sarcastically in response.

"Hospital me to kujh aur hi bol rahe the, nahi?" Maaz tried to ponder over ideas to save himself but he knew he was long due in trouble, his brother only managed to hold back his anger because he wasn't well at the time.

{Weren't you saying something else in the hospital?}

Maaz stayed silent and stared at the floor, suddenly it appeared to be more interesting than the conversation that was going on at the moment.

"My eyes are up here!!" Murtasim snapped and that was enough for Maaz to look up, only to avoid the heated eyes again.

"Maaz, look at me! Abb kyu mere se nazre chuka rahe ho. Vese bhi tumne galat hi kya Kia hai. Bss apni health ko hi side pe pheka tha, shayad jhuth bhi bola tha aur to kujh nhi kia, phir daar kyu rahe ho?" Maaz looked back up his eyes portraying guilt. He hadn't meant to lie to his brother but he just didn't have the time to eat and he thought his brother wasn't going to find out anyways. He cursed Hamza for opening his big mouth.

{Why are you avoiding eye contact now. It's not like you did something wrong. The only thing you did was throw your health aside, maybe, you also lied to me, and that's it, so why are you scared now?}

"I'm sorry bhai. I didn't want to lie to you, I know my actions aren't justified but I thought it wouldn't make a difference and you wouldn't have found out if it wasn't for Hamza, usse to me dekh lunga" he grumbled out the last few words and that was it for Murtasim, passing him a cold stare he pulled his ear mercilessly.

Maaz let out a hiss but Murtasim ignored him, "Are you seriously finding Hamza's fault in all this. I dare you to say a word to him and you'll find out what I do with you. You didn't have your food on time, you ignored your health and wellbeing, you lied to me about eating on time, you didn't tell me when you weren't feeling well. You think Hamza is to blame for all of this?"

Maaz could clearly hear the anger laced behind his tone. He let out a hiss when his ear was tugged painfully hard, "Bhai dard horaha...hai....pls....chod do"

Murtasim dropped his hand and Maaz immediately latched onto his ear rubbing the soreness away. Looking at Murtasim, he knew his brother was concerned and he was angry at the fact that Maaz had fallen ill under his watch.

Maaz held his hand and looked into his eyes before speaking, "Bhai, i know I'm wrong and I honestly won't be able to justify my actions. I'm sorry, I didn't look after myself, when you trusted me to do so. I know I should've informed you when I wasn't feeling well, but I didn't want to worry you unnecessarily. Mostly, I'm sorry I lied to you. I know you hate being lied to but I still did and I apologize for that"

Murtasim's eyes softened, the maturity Maaz sometimes displayed touched his heart. "Maaz, i know your job is important and I'm not telling you to not focus on it, but for you to be able to treat your patients, you also have to be in good health. Do you think you'll be able to carry out surgeries or operations, when your body is weak? Baccha what I'm saying is, focus on your job but while working don't forget you have to look after yourself too."

Maaz nodded his head and held his ears, "I'm sorry bhai please mujhe maaf kardo, agye se paka nahi ese karunga"

{I'm sorry bhai, please forgive me, I won't repeat this again}

Though Murtasim melted, he hardened his eyes, "Do you really think I'll let you go after all of this? You'll take 4 days off and rest at home, don't try to argue with me on this, because I won't be changing my decision. If you aren't looking after yourself, Hamza will inform me immediately and next time this conversation won't be so pretty for you. Remember you're only getting off easy because this was your first time!"