Chapter Four

"Baba....I'm sorry" Mirza whimpered, looking down.

"Look at me!!" Demanded Murtasim, whilst moving forward and holding his chin between his fingers firmly yet gently.

"That wasn't what I had asked, was it? I don't need your sorry, I want you to admit what you did. So answer the question!!"

"Baba...wo...I bunked.... it won't happen again baba. I promise." Mirza let the tears go that he was controlling until now.

Murtasim put a stone on his heart, not falling for the tears, knowing very well he had to get his message across. "Is that all, ya phir or bhi kuj hua hai? Mujhe sirf sach chahie. Warna mujh se bura koi nahi hoga"

Maaz was extremely confused, because he knew Mirza was bunking but he wasn't aware of what else had occurred within the college.

"Baba mene or kujh nhi kia." Baba couldn't know right? NO, how would he have found out? Why did i speak to the teacher like that? Should i tell him? Maaz couldn't help but feel guilty for what he had done, his baba would be disappointed.

[I didn't do anything else]

"Mirza, i didn't know you had learnt to lie so bluntly to my face" Murtasim's eyes had darkened further and he didn't hold back anymore and turned Mirza to the side, before bringing his hand down on Mirza's back twice, causing him to flinch.

"Ahhh.....ba-ba" he whimpered due to the stinging pain, before letting out a sob. Majed moved forward to save Mirza from their baba's anger but Maaz held him back and shook his head.

"Kya baba, so you are telling me that you did not disrespect your teacher in school? Did you submit the homework that was due week's ago? Did you not lie to me, when i asked you several times if your assignments were complete? Please inform me, was i the one who taught you to lie and disrespect your elders?" Murtasim sneered out angrily.

"No....baba....I'm sorry.....i didn't mean to" Mirza cried out between the sobs. He didn't want to disappoint his baba at all, that wasn't his intention but his actions had proved otherwise. "Baba....pls....don't be....angry. I won't...do it again.....I'm sorry"

Murtasim softened his eyes. "Shh, sh bss baccha. Calm down! I didn't even say anything yet and you are already crying. Wipe your tears away." he stated firmly albeit gently.

He wanted to stay firm because he was well aware if he let this matter go Mirza will repeat the same mistake again.

Mirza kept mumbling 'sorry's' between his sobs even after Murtasim paused his scolding session and soon he was full on sobbing. Not being able to see his child crying, he pulled Mirza into his embrace.

Upon seeing he wasn't calming down, Murtasim picked him up and started rocking Mirza in his arms. "Shh....shh...bss bacha" He cooed at the child he was cradling in his arms.

He kept moving around the room, rocking him and rubbing his back until he felt him calm down and the only thing that could be heard was sniffling.

He did want to talk to him about the situation that was brought forward because he knew letting this behaviour go will not be the best idea but he wasn't going to speak to him when Mirza was overwhelmed.

Maaz moved towards them and looked at Mirza who had fallen asleep in the arms of Murtasim. "So gyea", he whispered.

[He's asleep]

Murtasim nodded and moved to his bedroom, laying Mirza on the bed and pulling the blanket over him. "Aise harkate kyu karte ho, jisme mujhe tume punish Karna pade" It wasn't the easiest for him to punish them but he knew he had to abide by the rules he created to ensure his children wouldn't make the wrong decisions in their lives.