Chapter Twelve

Waking up to the voice of birds chirping, Murtasim moved to get up but wasn't able to, due to the weight that was holding him down on the mattress.

Looking down he smiled at the sleeping child who was basically sprawled on top of him, his hands clenching softly onto Murtasim's t-shirt and his legs wrapped around his torso.

Rubbing a hand down his back he pushed away some of the hair that was blocking Majed's eyes before planting a small kiss on his forehead. Even though Majed was lost in his dreamland he still reacted to the affection by displaying a small smile on his face as if knowing it was his Baba.

Murtasim carefully pushed the child away from his body but was only rewarded with a whimper, which abruptly put a stop to his actions. Not wanting to wake him up just yet, he gave up on the option of moving right now and picked up his phone from the bedside drawer and got busy checking his emails.

After around half an hour he felt movement and when he looked down he saw the most adorable sight ever. Majed's disheveled hair, and his squinting eyes trying to adjust to the daylight still keeping his fist wrapped around his shirt.

When he brought his hand up to rub his eyes, Murtasim instinctively whacked it away knowing his eyes would turn red and irritated, but regretted his reaction immediately because Majed visibly flinched and looked up with glossy eyes, his head not able to wrap around what just happened.

"Shh...it's just me. I'm sorry baccha, tume to pata hai na ke tumari ankhe sensitive hai or jaldi irritate ho jati hai, isi lie maine roka" he explained, his intentions weren't to startle Majed.

{Shhh....it's just me. I'm sorry baby, I didn't want you to irritate your eyes, you know how sensitive they are!}

"Hmmm" Majed hummed still not fully awake but smiled before hugging Murtasim tightly and shoving his head in his neck and the other reciprocated by rubbing his nape soothingly that Majed was nearly falling back to sleep.

However, this comfortable silence was interrupted when they heard a knock on the door and before Murtasim could respond Mirza invited himself in and waved at Murtasim seeing him awake.

When his eyes fell on his other brother, who was still curled up against Murtasim, a mischievous glint appeared in his eyes and without thinking twice he jumped on top of them startling Majed in the process.

"OOF, What the fuc- fri- yh fricking hell, get off of me!!" Majed instantly changed his words realising where he was. Definitely made the correct choice though or he would've had a tanned backside by now..

"Bhaiyu, are you sure you were going to say Frick and not Fuc-.... Baba ese kya ghoor rahe ho, mene to kujh Kaha hi Nahi" Mirza looked up pulling up the innocent face when Murtasim sent him a sharp glare. Majed responded with a scoff before pushing Mirza to the other side of the bed, who dramatically rolled down and fell face flat on the floor.

{Baba, why are you glaring at me, I didn't say anything}

"Ahhh Baba, bhaiyu ne bohot zor se mara mujhe. Oh my god, I think I broke my leg" Mirza screamed holding onto his arms in his hand, trying to display his 'broken leg'.

{Baba, bhaiyu hit me really hard}

Rolling his eyes, Murtasim crossed his arms over his chest and gave him a pointed look. "Aren't you holding your arm?!..... I thought you broke your leg"

Majed burst out laughing and Mirza stuck out his tongue before jumping off the floor and back onto the bed.

"Gorilla" Majed mumbled

"Monkey" Mirza retorted

"Donkey"

"Chudail"

"Hippopotamus"