Chapter Nine

Murtasim and Mirza both moved upstairs to change out of their clothes. Downstairs, Maaz continued to stroke Majed's hair and couldn't help but to coo when he let out soft snores. Once he was sure the younger was in deep sleep, he moved him carefully on the sofa and placed a pillow in his arms to which he immediately cuddled up to.

He pressed a soft kiss on his forehead before bringing up the blanket to Majed's chest. "Will he be alright?" Questioned Murtasim worriedly once he arrived downstairs.

"Ji Bhai, luckily the burn wasn't too extreme" Maaz responded after he finished fixing the blanket.

"Baba, bhaiyu ko burn kaise hua tha?" Mirza questioned plopping down on the same sofa as Majed and bringing his head onto his lap so that he could stroke his hair, making both Murtasim and Maaz smile at the sight.

[Baba, how did bhaiyu get that burn?]

Remembering his behaviour Murtasim narrated everything that occurred in the office today. "...I don't know what happened to him, but I've never seen him behave like this before"

"He is getting out of hand as days go by. How can he speak with so much disrespect, I'll teach him a good lesson today. Let him wake up" Maaz spoke up, he was seething in anger at Majed's behaviour. He could agree that sometimes he would answer back but he couldn't believe that he would be this disobedient.

"Nahi Maaz, I'll speak to him don't worry I won't let him get away with his behaviour today. I've put it aside way too many times but not today." Murtasim declared and Maaz nodded going along with what he said because he knew that his brother was more than capable of bringing him back on line.

"I forgot to inform you both but Sofia will be coming for dinner in the evening, is that alright with you?" He questioned, no matter what he would always want his brothers consent because they were his main priority and he would wait as long as they required him to bring her home.

"Ji Bhai/Baba" both responded with a gentle smile.

Majed slowly started to wake up, coming out of the hazy state he sat up and brought his hand up to rub his eyes of any remaining sleep but his hand was swatted away.

"Yeh kya Kar rahe the, you know not to rub your eyes because they become irritated easily" Maaz chided softly.

[What are you doing]

"Kyu mara mujhe" he pouted and Maaz just gave him a look. "I just moved your hand away gently, no need to start sulking"

[Why did you hit me]

"Bhaiyu, stop complaining cz that was just a normal smack what Baba will do later will be the real smack" Mirza mumbled and Majed looked at him trying to decipher what he meant but at the end he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Majed, I have already informed your brother's and even though you are aware i still want to tell you that Sofia will be coming for dinner this evening. Will you be-" Murtasim started to speak only to he cut off by Majed.

"Mujhe kya bata rahe ho, joh marji Karo app us chudail ko bulao ya n-"

[Why are you telling me, do whatever you want, invite that witch for all I car-]

"Majed!!" Murtasim growled shutting up Majed instantly from continuing his mocking remark. Maaz and Mirza started at him as if he had grown two heads, what was this boy doing?

"Go to the study room!!" He commanded in a calm tone trying hard to control his anger and Majed just looked at him with wide eyes. "But-"

"Not a word, in the study, Now!!" Majed ducked his head down and walked to the study, more like stomped all the way.