Chapter Seven

After drying Mirza's hair, Maaz sent him off to wear his clothes and moved downstairs where he saw Majed lazily sitting on the sofa whilst using his phone.

"Majed, bacha let's have breakfast, come on" Maaz said, walking towards him and ruffling his hair.

Majed leaned into his touch and closed his eyes relaxing completely keeping his head on Maaz's stomach.

Maaz didn't notice the frown on Majed's face, who turned off his phone throwing it on the sofa, but his unusually behaviour didn't go unnoticed either.

"What's wrong, are you still tired?" Maaz questioned because although Majed wasn't talkative in the morning, he was never this quiet.

Majed just shook his head, not saying anything and tightly wrapped his arms around Maaz's waist, digging his face into his stomach. "Baccha, talk to me, tell me what's wrong" he tried to coax him but to no avail.

Just then Murtasim entered and passed a questioning look to Maaz who looked tense. Maaz nodded his head towards Majed who was still holding onto him tightly.

"Majed" Murtasim coaxed him gently, while sitting next to him on the sofa.

However, Majed didn't respond to the call so Murtasim shook him gently to gain his attention. Majed peaked out from his hiding spot, which was Maaz's stomach right now and looked at him.

"Kya hua?" Murtasim questioned, concern clearly displayed in the words he spoke.

[What's wrong]

"Nothing's wrong, app tension matt lo. Wo bss mujhe thoda headache horaha tha, lekin abb theek hai" he explained, worrying both Maaz and Murtasim.

[Don't be stressed. I just had a little headache but I'm good now]

Majed wasn't aware of the reason, but after he woke up he started to feel a slight ache in his head. Thinking that it will pass away slowly, he didn't inform anyone because according to his opinion, his brothers will overreact.

Murtasim gestured Maaz to check if he was alright. Majed understood they were worried and he didn't want Maaz to find anything wrong with him, so just as Maaz moved forward, he moved himself backwards to avoid the check up.

"I told you nothing is wrong, I'm fine" he mumbled, but only received a glare from both sides making him cower away from them.

"You do not get to decide that, so sit here silently and let him do the check up" Murtasim scolded but pulled him forward on to his lap nonetheless.

"But-" Majed lowered his eyes, quitening once he saw a hard glare drilling holes into his eyes.

"I don't want to hear a word from you, and I thought your headache was alright now, so what are you worried about? Let me do the check up and I will make the decision, if you are well or not!" Maaz declared, still keeping his gaze hard knowing well going soft when it comes to Majed's check ups isn't a way to deal with the situation as this will just encourage him to throw tantrums.

"Bhaiya, I really am fine....no stoppp" Maaz ignored his whining but paused when Majed once again moved away from him.

"Majed, baccha meri baat suno Maaz ko dekhne do, vo kujh Nahi karega, baba yaha pe hai na? You trust me right, so please trust me when I tell you he is just checking if you are alright, hmm?" Murtasim softened his tone, he knew Majed was afraid so he decided to deal with it calmly rather than being hard on him.

[Majed listen to me, let Maaz have a look, he won't do much and I will be here all the way.]

"Now, no whining or complaining, am I understood?" Maaz questioned, making Majed nod his head as he didn't have the will to argue.