CHAPTER 27

3rd Person's Pov

The ranking games had started and currently, Kairi, Sensui, and Kyletzy are currently dominating the ranks, whereas, other roles were already secured. As things were heating up on the venue, the fans are cheering for them.

"Wow, I didn't expect that they have a lot of fans." Joanna commented.

"Although some of them only came to take pictures of us." Maria giggled.

Aleah paid no attention of her friends' conversation and just scrolled through twitter hashtags involving the games of Kairi.

'As of now, there are some positive and negative comments about him.' As she scrolls through it, she noticed some comments regarding about his mistake in the past. Her eyes furrowed.

"How petty, why would someone bring up things that had already happened. That's just—" Aleah took a deep breath to control her anger. Maria and Joanna quickly noticed Aleah's foul mood.

Joanne asked; "is there something wrong?" Aleah shakes her head.

"I'm just mad about the comments regarding Kairi's past plays because they tend to bring it up again." She sighed. "I just don't understand why would they try to bring him down."

"Haters gonna hate. We all know that." Maria snorted. "What do you expect, if you're famous, you're bound to have haters whether you like it or not."

"Still, they're being unreasonable, if they do not like the person, they could have just pay no mind to him and just minded their own business."

"Even if we tell them that, there will always find a reason to hate someone they don't like."

Joanna has a point on that one. Aleah could only bottle up those emotions because she doesn't want to attract any attention as she is also a public figure. She wasn't being ignorant as she herself also had haters before but she just let them run their imaginations wild.

"I think the first brackets of the day are done." Maria told them as they heard the announcers sharing their farewells for the day as they will continue the day afer tomorrow.

"The ranking games are held every two days for the next month and at the end of the month, the tally of scores will be revealed. So my dear participants, go win a ton of the game as it gives you a lot of points of how many you would slay the enemy." The announcer told them.

"Well that's a wrap I guess," Maria commented and they left the area to meet up with the players.

"Good game, everyone!" The coaches congratulated them. "We managed to have all the wins in all categories, make sure that it stays that way, alright?"

"yes, coach!"

Kairi, Kyletzy, and Yawi were talking to each other when they spotted the girls in the lounge. they approached to greet them.

"Hey."

"Hi, how's the game?" Maria greeted them back, Joanna and Aleah smiled and nodded. They scoot over to let the boys sit over.

"It was fun, who would have thought that experimenting builds will also help a lot while dealing with 1v1." Kyletzy excitedly told them. Maria was listening to him while Joanna and Yawi are on their own world.

Kairi and Aleah only listened to Kyletzy and Maria's conversation while looking at each other.

"do you want to eat somewhere?" Kairi asked. Aleah thought for a minute and nods. "Chicken wings?"

"Sure. I'd love that."

Without noticing, all eyes were on them.

'Look at them, being lovey-dovey.' They all thought and shrugged.