Chapter 14

Thank you all for the votes & comments I appreciate it.. okay let's get into this chapter xoxo ♥️

Tory and East sat in their club office, the air thick with the scent of aged whiskey and the faint hum of an old jazz record playing in the background

Tory and East sat in their club office, the air thick with the scent of aged whiskey and the faint hum of an old jazz record playing in the background. Stacks of documents and maps covered the desk, detailing their latest venture.

"Everything is all set, and should be picked up tonight," Tory said, pouring himself a drink. His hand shook slightly, a sign of the stress he was under after his recent run-in with Bianca.

"Good looking," East replied, leaning back in his chair. "Ima have to run by to see my mom. Never got to talk to her one-on-one since I've been back from Greece."

Tory closed his laptop, hesitating for a moment before speaking. "Bro, Bianca came by. She wants you to call her. She wants you back, basically."

East sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Man, I got bigger problems to deal with. Plus, I'm married now and I'm happy with Lia."

"I know, bro. She's just being messy right now. Keep an eye out on her and make sure Lia has security," Tory responded, his concern evident.

East nodded, standing up to leave. "I'll handle it. Thanks for the heads-up."

He left the office, his thoughts preoccupied with the meeting he was about to have. As he drove to the Luke estate, his mind wandered back to Lia and the life they were building together. Their marriage, though arranged, had become a partnership built on mutual respect and growing affection.

When he arrived at the estate, the sprawling gardens were in full bloom, a stark contrast to the turmoil in his mind. He found his mother, Evelyn, in the garden, tending to her roses with a serene expression.

"Hey mom, wassup? You needed to speak with me. I know after the dinner we didn't really have a one-on-one," East said, approaching her.

"Hello Easton, my son," Evelyn replied, taking his hand as they walked to the back of the house. "Well, I needed to speak with you about your father and Maria Gotti."

East's heart skipped a beat. He already knew about the affair, thanks to Lia, but he wanted to hear what his mother had to say.

"She's been with your father for some time now, and she even knew about her husband's dealings and debt. Although Aaliyah was arranged to marry you, her mother is having an affair with my husband," Evelyn said, tears welling up in her eyes.

East reached out to hug her, his heart aching for her pain. "Mom, I'm so sorry about all this."

"It's fine, son," Evelyn replied, her voice hardening as she sipped her wine. "I need you to do something for me."