{8} The Confession

A car came to a halt in the parking lot of the Rathore mansion, the back door was opened by some guard from which Viraj came out with a half-empty bottle of whiskey in his hand

He moved towards the main door with his stumble walk, trying hard to not fall on the ground.

He was climbing the stairs up to the main door that's when he saw his father walking here and there while wrapping his hands at a fist in the back.

He reached the door and that's when his father noticed his presence and turned to him but was shocked to see him in a drunken state as Viraj never came home like this before.

This made his father very furious seeing the childish behavior of his child who isn't any more at the age showing such things.

He walked closer, straightened him, and asked.

"What is this behavior, Viraj?" Amar said while Viraj just looked away not meeting eyes with him.

"You aren't a child anymore!"Amar shouted again and this time Viraj didn't hold himself back.

"Why don't you let me make my decision on my own if I'm not a child?"

"I don't want an argument on this topic anymore. Go to your room and you better behave nicely to her" Amar turned his back towards his son and replied in a calm voice completely ignoring what just now Viraj said.

Viraj sighed and turned around to get up in stairs when he heard his father saying.

"And wait give this to her"

Amar handed Viraj a rectangular box that was decorated with gems on it. Viraj didn't pay more attention to it as he didn't care whatever it was. He just took it and walked upstairs to his room.

Viraj as soon as he opened his room door, it felt like someone sneezed a lemon on his wounds. He saw her sitting on his bed and that made him furious.

He immediately pushed her out for her bed, making her back hit on the corner of the side table. He pulled out his lighter and lit up all the decorations that were done for their so-called never-happening 'first night'

After he pushed her out of his room not before giving a life-threatening warning to her and her family. As soon as he heard the door closing sound he sighed in relief as her presence was keeping him irritated.

He dialed a number pulled the phone near his ear and informed the servant to deep clean up his room without any trace of dust.

He sat on his sofa pulled out his laptop and got busy with his work, after a few hours of concentration his eye diverted towards the clock which indicated the time to be 3:30 am.

He got up and was about to stretch his limbs that's when he got startled by a sudden knock on his door at late night.

He opened his door to see servants lined up with their cleaning instruments. Viraj opened the door wide for them to enter and walked toward the sofa to grab his phone before walking out.