Chapter 37

"We're enemies." I corrected him and cleared it up. We have to accept the truth. We confronted each other, that's it.

He looked at me, smiled slightly, and then frowned. His facial expression changed to a cold one. "So be it." Is what he said. I laughed and fell on my knees. "You never loved me." I said. I slowly reached the gun that was behind me on the ground.

"Kill me if this is what you believe." He replied. I looked up at him. "Kill me before I kill you, Cleo." He said still with the same cold expression.

It felt like empty words. I didn't believe him. Something inside of me was telling me the opposite. He wouldn't care... "Since when did you know about me...?" I asked, and he walked closer to me. "From the start. Three weeks after you joined." I stood up and slapped him. He sighed. "Why did you date me?" I asked. He turned to me and nodded. I stared at him, waiting. "Many reasons.--- Was loving me one of them?--- probably not... till a month later." I clenched my hand into a fist and slapped him again. I felt betrayed. Hurt.

Only if it wasn't like this, if it was a normal heartbreak like him cheating on me with another girl, maybe I'd get over it. I would forget and move on, but this is difficult. I walked away from him. "Fuck this Cleo!! Don't act like it's all my fault!!-- I FUCKING LOVE YOU!! I'VE BEEN FIGHTING WITH MYSELF BECAUSE OF YOU MARCO!!" He clenched his fists and walked to me angrily. He pointed at me.

"You were just about to choke me to death."

He said gritting on his teeth. I shook my head. "I WISH I DID!" I shouted. I cried more, I bit my lower lip and looked down at the gun in my hand. "Fine..." He said and backed off. I narrowed my eyebrows as I saw him reached the dagger. "Really?" He asked me one last time. I nodded, not sure of what'll happen next. He chuckled to himself, checking the sharpness of the dagger. He walked to me, I walked backwards till I felt the couch behind me. I gulped, starting to feel scared of what he might do. I honestly didn't care of what he'll do or even why.

The only thing that would hurt is the ability of doing it.

He held my cheek and leaned so close our noses touched.

"Baby, let's not do this.... Please...don't do this. Listen, I'll do whatever you like. You know that I love you, I'm willing to sacrifice myself if it meant for you to be happy and free."

I held his hand, which held the dagger after he talked and moved it to my throat. "You make me happy... I'll never be free in this life." I said, and he gulped.

He nodded. "No." I was about to speak, but he pushed his hand away from me and threw the dagger away. I looked at it, flying to the end of the room beside that table. "No." He held my arms. "I don't think I can kill you anymore." He said and looked down. A part of me was happy, and I smiled. "So you kill me. I have failed." My smile dropped.

"Tell me, why can't we make peace?" I asked him, and he got mad but tried to hide it. "Impossible." He turned around.

"Why?"

"Never." He walked away from me. "Answer me!" I followed him. "HE KILLED MY SISTER!!" He turned around, startling me. My eyes widened in shock.

"Vincent killed my sister, Sandrino's daughter. And she was only 12. The only way to take revenge is to kill his daughter."