Ramblings About Religion

"I pray. I pray for some miracle to happen. I believe in miracles. I believe that God can take me out of here if He wants to.

Religion has always been something important to me. I was raised in a Catholic family, and as I grew up, I frequented Spiritist centers, Buddhist temples, evangelical cults, and a Mormon discussion group. Searching for something I considered lost within me. Faith. I never found faith in any of these places, I never managed to find answers to my doubts. No one had the answers. Priests, pastors, preachers, messiahs, spiritual leaders, etc... They always had a series of doctrines and rules that you had to follow, and that's it, you would be saved.

'What if someone does good and loves their neighbor but doesn't believe in Jesus Christ?' I asked my family's priest. 'Will they go to Hell?'

I got no answer. No one ever stopped to think that maybe Jesus Christ was an extraordinary guy who thought, 'These people are idiots, I'm going to teach them that they have much more to gain as humanity if they respect and love each other. Hmmm... But maybe they won't believe in me. I think I'll say I'm the son of God and that's it, soon there will be a lot of people respecting and loving each other,' and maybe for a while it worked until someone thought, 'Oops! Let's grab this thing called Christianity and make a profit out of it!' and that was it, it all went downhill.

Everyone is crazy to invent reasons for something to be a sin, and almost every religion uses the Bible to point the finger at things you can't do. But Jesus' great teaching was not to judge each other. The Bible is considered sacred and regarded as the word of God, but can't anyone think that it was written by men? Can't anyone think that there was a dark period in human history called the Inquisition where the Bible probably underwent alterations to create a standard of how society should act?

Are women inferior to men? Should we breed like rabbits?

Thou shalt not sin! Prejudice! Wrong! Sin! Unfaithful! Hell!

The only certainty in life is death. When it comes to my life, death is something very close. God won't save me. No miracle will happen. You know why? Because I don't need miracles to believe in anything that a religion preaches.

I look at the universe around me, I remember the fresh air, the growing grass, birds migrating, and I can see God's perfection in everything. People are so crazily trying to cling to something useless to have faith that they don't realize that it's everywhere.

The Bible is useless if you ignore the knowledge acquired over time like history, biology, chemistry, and so many other things. We're sweeping all knowledge under the rug when we believe in anything without questioning.

I believe, I question, I seek the truth within my heart, and my faith is much stronger than many people who attend church every Sunday. That's how I reach the truth."