Chapter 10

NYA'S POV

The next morning, I was the first to wake up. It was quite unusual. Usually Kai or Jay would wake me up or something.

I never realised how peaceful it is first thing in the morning without anyone else awake... I think I'll start waking up earlier. I went to the kitchen first, thinking that I'll make myself some breakfast but I wasn't hungry just yet. I decided to go outside for some fresh morning air. I took a deep breath and a pleasant sting filled my nose from the morning chilly atmosphere. I sighed and looked to the right of me and gasped.

Why in the name of the First Spinjitzu Master, is y/n sleeping outside? Was she here all night? To be fair, she didn't seem to mind. She had a small smile on her face as she sat there, leaning her back on the pillar. Her eyes flickered open and she looked up at me. "Sorry, did I wake you up?" She shook her head as she yawned. I chuckled, "Were you here all night?"

She stood up and stretched out. "I guess so." She giggled. "I must've dozed off... It's just the sight of stars... It's so calming," she said while sighing with a smile.

We came inside and we both made breakfast. I wonder when Lloyd is asking y/n out for the date.

LLOYD'S POV

After breakfast, I spoke to y/n quickly. "Uh... Y/n, you know how I talked about going somewhere?"

"Uh-huh!"

"Can I take you somewhere tonight? It's kind of a surprise..." I said while my cheeks were warming up.

Y/n smiled. "What time should I be ready?" she asked.

"Uhh... Six? Six-thirty latest, I'd say."

"Cool, okay. But we should get ready for training... Wu is getting impatient."

"Right!"

Y/N'S POV

Lloyd is really sweet... I'm glad that he's warmed up to me despite me being an Oni. I'm glad that he's not angry with me anymore.

So it turns out that what happened yesterday at the training course was actually to test me. Wu gave the ninja an instruction to basically ambush me to see if I'm ready to become a ninja. At first I wasn't too keen on becoming one in the first place, however I warmed up to the idea. Beats sitting around doing nothing. They said that I would be a nice addition to the team and they treated me like any other human being. I might not have an elemental power, but my skills did outweigh theirs in terms of basic combat. My next step is learning spinjitzu.

The rest of the ninja were teaching me the basics to master spinjitzu. They all had their own little advice and Wu put some input in too.

After training I went to Nya to ask what on earth to wear later tonight. By the time I got ready, it was almost time for me and Lloyd to leave.

I ended up wearing a flowy floral dress that fell just below my knees along with a jean jacket and white shoes. Lloyd was wearing a green hoodie and brown trousers along with black shoes. We went to the monastery base and we got into Lloyd's green convertible and he started driving me to our destination.

"Are you gonna tell me where you're taking me?" I asked half an hour into the journey.

"I told you, it's a surprise. I can't spoil a surprise, can I?"

"Okay, okay, fair enough."

Eventually, we got so far from the city that the radio stopped working. "Uhh..." He glanced at the glove compartment, "There should be a CD in the glove compartment... If you want to we can listen to that."