CHAPTER 11-The Truth

Alexia walked towards Daemons room at the end of the corridor—the masters bedroom, the corridor reminded her of those gothic hallways that she sees when she watches vampire movies. It had a dark wooden oak door at each side of the walls and a very wide umbrella shaped widow at the end of the corridor, she looked out side the window at the darkened cloud.

"I guess it's about to rain." She said to herself before turning to Daemon's door.

Hesitantly, she knocked on the door taking in a deep breath.

"Come in." She heard someone say from the other side of the door.

Opening it slowly, she peeked inside the room before entering it fully, it was clear that she was nervous. When she stepped into the room it was like a whole different world entirely, the interior decor was just splendid, the bright red light of the fire place blended just right with the ash coloured walls and the black mahogany table,that stood opposite the huge king-sized bed that had a white covering on it. The blend of ash, black and white made the room have this kind of mysterious vibes about it.

She walked forward, gently closing the door behind her, she walked slowly across the room silently absorbing the gentle feel of the Persian rug beneath her feet. As she reached the king-sized bed that stood in the middle of the room,she expected to see Daemon resting but she saw the exact opposite.

She turned around and found him sitting behind the dark mahogany desk using his laptop, he lifted his head from his computer and their eyes met for a brief second before he resumed to continue his job.

Alexia started towards him with the bowl and towel in her hand, she placed the bowl with n the p of the table and dipped the towel in it and squeezed gently. As she was doing it she felt Daemon watching her every move.

Then she carefully reached out to place the towel in his head.

"I don't need it;I don't have a fever." He said in a hoarse voice as he moved his head away looking displeased.

"I will have to do it whether you like it or not." She said.

" No,you won't." He said with the same finality that mose used to part the Red Sea."I don't do what I don't like."

But Alexia was persistent.

"It is not a matter of what you like or not." She said with hands akimbo with anger evident on her face.

He looked up suddenly interested

"So what is it a matter of?" He asked.

"It is a matter of what I think is best." She replied.

"Well I think it is best to leave me alone."

"Oh you little child." She spat. "nye nye nye nye nye nye nye." She said mimicking him.

"Your fever will act up any second now,and you need to take precautions." She said." Forming hard man won't do you any good."

She said with the same finality he had in his voice. Daemon silently accepted defeat as she placed the towel on this head and gently used it to dab his body.

He watched her closely and noticed that this time she didn't look shy—she seemed normal,with an expression that he found difficult to read.

Alexia wiped across an injury on his rib, she noticed him flinch. The injury reminded her of when she saw Roman and Daemon covered in blood. A frown rested on the features of her face.

"Sorry." She murmured.

Repeating the process of dipping the towel in the water and squeezing it lightly so that water will remain in it.