Chapter 21 : Evening

Later that evening, Enzo and I decided to relax and watch a movie. We picked a light-hearted comedy, hoping to lift our spirits after the stressful morning. As we settled on the couch, I noticed how comfortable we had become around each other.

"Mind if I get a little closer?" Enzo asked, his voice soft.

"Not at all," I replied, smiling.

He slid closer, draping his arm over the back of the couch behind me. I leaned into him, feeling the warmth of his body against mine. It felt natural, like we had been doing this forever. As the movie played, we exchanged comments and laughs, the tension from earlier slowly dissipating.

At one point, I glanced up at him and caught him looking at me. Our eyes met, and for a moment, it felt like time stood still. I bit my lip nervously, and his gaze dropped to my mouth. He reached up, gently pulling my lip free from my teeth with his thumb.

"You shouldn't do that," he murmured, his voice husky.

"Do what?" I asked, feeling a shiver run down my spine.

"Bite your lip like that," he said, his eyes darkening. "It's distracting."

"Oh," I whispered, feeling my cheeks heat up.

He leaned in closer, his breath warm against my skin. "Can I kiss you?"

I nodded, unable to find my voice. He closed the distance between us, his lips capturing mine in a kiss that sent sparks through my body. His hand slid to my waist, pulling me closer as the kiss deepened.

We barely noticed the movie as it continued playing in the background. Our focus was entirely on each other. His hands roamed over my back, and I found myself clinging to him, wanting to be as close as possible. He shifted, turning so that he was above me, his weight pressing me into the couch.

I let out a soft moan as his lips trailed down my neck, his teeth grazing my skin. "Enzo," I breathed, my fingers tangling in his hair.

He growled in response, his hand sliding up my thigh, lifting the hem of my dress. I clenched my legs together, the sensation overwhelming. He pulled back slightly, looking down at me with a heated gaze.

"okay?" he asked, his voice thick with desire.

"Yes," I whispered, my heart racing. "Don't stop."

He smiled, his hand caressing my thigh. "I don't plan to."

We lost track of time as we explored each other, our touches growing bolder and more intimate. By the time the movie ended, we were both breathless and flushed. I knew things were getting serious, and I felt a mix of excitement and nervousness.

As we lay there, catching our breath, I realized how much I had come to care for Enzo. He was more than just the charming lawyer who had let me stay in his apartment. He was someone I could see a future with, someone who made me feel alive.

"Noralee," he said softly, his fingers tracing patterns on my skin. "I'm glad you're here."

"Me too," I replied, smiling up at him. "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

We stayed like that for a while, enjoying the closeness and the connection we had built. It was a moment of peace, a moment where everything felt right.