Chapter 29 : Late-Night Celebration

June 15th. Enzo's birthday. I had been looking forward to this day, hoping to make it special for him. But it turned out to be more hectic than I anticipated. I knew he would be occupied with work, but I didn't expect it to consume his entire day.

I spent the morning preparing a small surprise: a homemade cake, a few of his favorite dishes, and a simple but heartfelt gift. By early afternoon, everything was ready, but there was no sign of Enzo. I debated whether I should call or text him, but I didn't want to bother him if he was deep in work.

The hours ticked by slowly. I busied myself with small tasks around the apartment, my mind drifting back to Enzo and wondering how his day was going. As the sun set and the city lights flickered on, my anxiety grew. Would he be too tired to celebrate? Would he even come home tonight?

It was well past midnight when I finally heard the front door open. I rushed to the entrance and saw Enzo, looking exhausted but managing a weary smile.

"Hey," he said, his voice soft but warm.

"Hey," I replied, wrapping my arms around him in a tight hug. "Happy birthday."

He held me close, burying his face in my hair. "Thank you, Noralee. I'm sorry I'm so late."

"It's okay," I said, pulling back to look at him. "I know you've had a long day. Come on, I have something for you."

I led him to the dining table, where the food and cake were set up. His eyes widened in surprise. "You did all this for me?"

"Of course," I said, smiling. "I wanted to make your birthday special, even if it's a bit late."

Enzo looked at the spread and then back at me, a tender expression on his face. "You're amazing, you know that?"

I blushed, feeling a warmth spread through me. "Just trying to make you happy."

We sat down and shared a late-night meal. Enzo's fatigue seemed to melt away as we talked and laughed, the stress of his day fading into the background. After we finished eating, I brought out the cake.

"Make a wish," I said, lighting the candles.

Enzo closed his eyes for a moment, then blew out the candles. "Thank you, Noralee. This really means a lot to me."

"I'm glad you like it," I said, leaning in to kiss him. "Now, I have one more thing for you."

I handed him a small wrapped box. He unwrapped it carefully and opened it to reveal a sleek, silver watch. "Noralee, this is beautiful," he said, his eyes lighting up.

"I thought it might help you keep track of time better," I teased, grinning.

He laughed, pulling me into another hug.

We moved to the couch, cuddling together as the night wore on. Enzo's fingers traced patterns on my arm, and I leaned into his touch, feeling completely at ease.

"You always know how to make everything better," he said softly.

"Just doing my job as your girlfriend," I replied, smiling up at him.

"Well, you're doing an excellent job," he said, kissing the top of my head. Enzo's hands roamed over my body, his thumbs rubbing circles around my nipples. I moaned softly, the sensations sending tingles down my spine. Enzo chuckled, his lips brushing against my ear. "You like that, huh?" he whispered.

I nodded, my cheeks heating up. Enzo's hands squeezed my breasts, giving me just enough pressure to send delicious tingles all over my body. His lips trailed kisses along my jawline, sending chills down my spine. I arched my back, giving him better access to my neck, and he responded by nibbling on my earlobe, sending shivers down my spine.

Enzo's lips found mine again, his tongue tracing circles around my mouth. My heart raced as he sucked on my bottom lip, his teeth grazing it lightly. He let go of my lips, trailing kisses down my chin and neck, sending delicious tingles all over my body. I moaned louder, my body tightening around him.

Finally, Enzo slowed his movements, his thrusts becoming more gentle. He leaned down, kissing me softly, his lips brushing against mine. "Nora, I want you," he said, his voice filled with passion.

I nodded, wrapping my arms around his neck. He leaned down, capturing my lips in a searing kiss. Our tongues danced together, our mouths devouring.