Chapter 16 : A Night To Remember

The day of our date arrived faster than I expected. My phone buzzed with a message from Enzo: "Wear something formal."

I stood in front of my closet, a mix of excitement and nerves swirling inside me. After much deliberation, I chose a classic black dress that hugged my curves just right, paired with my favorite heels. As I was putting the finishing touches on my makeup, there was a knock on the door.

My heart raced as I opened it to find Enzo standing there, looking effortlessly handsome in a tailored suit. His dark hair was neatly styled, and his eyes seemed to glint with a mix of anticipation and something else I couldn't quite place.

"Wow," he said, his voice low and appreciative. "You look stunning, Noralee."

"Thank you," I replied, feeling a blush creep up my cheeks. "You look pretty handsome yourself."

He offered me his arm, and I took it as we left the apartment. Enzo led me to his car, a sleek, expensive-looking vehicle that matched his polished appearance. He opened the passenger door for me, and I slid in, feeling the luxurious leather against my skin. He got in on the driver's side, and we were off.

As we drove, I couldn't help but ask, "So, where are we going?"

Enzo glanced at me with a small, enigmatic smile. "You'll see."

We made small talk, the tension between us easing with each mile. When we finally pulled up to a high-end restaurant, I was taken aback. The building was grand, with elegant lighting and a valet waiting by the entrance.

"Here we are," Enzo said, coming around to open my door. "I hope you like it."

I stepped out, marveling at the place. "It's amazing, Enzo."

Inside, the ambiance was even more impressive. Crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling, and soft music played in the background. Enzo spoke to the hostess. "Reservation for Enzo Reese."

She smiled and led us to a table near a large window, far enough from other diners to give us a sense of privacy. I picked up the menu, scanning the options. Everything looked incredible.

"I think I'll have the grilled salmon," I said, finally deciding.

Enzo nodded. "I'll have the filet mignon."

The waiter took our orders, and then it was just the two of us again. I took a sip of my water, feeling a bit nervous.

"So, what should we talk about?" I asked, trying to break the ice.

Enzo leaned back in his chair, looking relaxed. "How about we take turns asking each other questions?"

I smiled, relieved by his suggestion. "Okay, I'll go first. What's your birthday?"

"June 15th," he replied. "And yours?"

"November 3rd," I answered. We continued with the basics, slowly easing into more personal territory.

"So, what do you do for a living?" I asked, curious.

Enzo seemed to relax further, as if the question allowed him to open up. "I'm a lawyer. I work at my father's law firm."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Really? That's impressive."

He nodded. "Yeah, my parents are both lawyers. It's kind of the family business. My dad's planning to retire soon and leave the firm to me once I turn 28."

"Wow," I said, genuinely impressed. "You're really close to taking over, then. Just a few more months."

Enzo nodded, a hint of pride in his voice. "Yeah, it's a big responsibility, but I'm ready for it."

Our conversation drifted to more intimate topics. I decided to be brave and asked, "How many girls have you dated?"

He smirked slightly. "Just one serious relationship in college. It lasted about two months. Since then, I've been... keeping things casual."

I felt a pang of nerves. "And by 'casual,' you mean...?"

He nodded. "Hookups, mostly. Nothing serious."

I bit my lip, feeling a bit out of my depth. "I've only been with two guys," I confessed, feeling the blush rise to my cheeks again.

Enzo looked genuinely surprised. "Really? I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just... unexpected."

I nodded, feeling a bit shy. "Yeah, I guess I'm more of a relationship person."

The conversation took an even more personal turn. "What about your kinks?" Enzo asked, his eyes glinting with curiosity.

I nearly choked on my water. "You have no filter, do you?" I said, laughing nervously.

He shrugged, a playful smile on his lips. "Just curious."

I didn't answer, but the question lingered in the air. Instead, I turned the tables. "What's your deepest darkest secret?"

Enzo hesitated, and I could see the wheels turning in his mind. "You first," he said finally.

I took a deep breath. "In my first year of college, I went to a party, got too drunk, and ended up skinny dipping with one of my professors."

Enzo burst out laughing. "No way! That's wild."

I smiled, feeling a bit lighter. "Your turn."

He sighed, looking a bit uncomfortable. "Alright. After breaking up with my college girlfriend, I was really stressed. Instead of turning to cigarettes or something, I... found other ways to relieve stress."

I raised an eyebrow. "Other ways?"

He nodded. "Yeah, like sleeping with people. One night, during a celebration party for my dad's firm, I went to my room to escape. A girl walked in, thinking it was the bathroom. One thing led to another, and we fucked. A month later, My parents did a family gathering where I found out she was my cousin."

My jaw dropped. "No way. Seriously?"

Enzo nodded, a pained look on his face. "Yeah. It was a complete accident. I thought she was my dad's business partner's daughter."

We both sat in silence for a moment, letting the weight of his story sink in. "That's... intense," I finally said.

"Yeah, it was," he agreed, his expression thoughtful.

As we finished our meal, the conversation lightened. We talked more, laughing and flirting openly. I felt like I knew Enzo so much better now, and the barriers between us seemed to have fallen away.

When we finally left the restaurant, I felt a mix of emotions-excitement, curiosity, and a growing attraction to Enzo. He drove us back to the apartment, and as we walked to our respective doors, he stopped me.