Chapter 32 : End Of The Tunnel

Noralee's POV

I waited at our favorite café, my fingers nervously tracing the rim of my coffee cup. The past few days had been a whirlwind of emotions, but I was ready to talk, to see if we could find a way back to each other.

The door chimed, and I looked up to see Enzo walking in. He looked tired but determined, his eyes searching for mine. When he saw me, he smiled-a small, tentative smile that made my heart ache with hope.

"Hi," he said, sitting down across from me.

"Hi," I replied, my voice soft.

We sat in silence for a moment, the noise of the café filling the space between us. Finally, Enzo took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Noralee," he said, his voice full of sincerity. "I've been so wrapped up in work that I forgot what really matters. I forgot about us."

I nodded, feeling a lump form in my throat. "I know you're under a lot of pressure, Enzo. But I can't be in a relationship where I feel like I'm always waiting for you to come home."

"I understand," he said, reaching across the table to take my hand. "And I don't want you to feel that way. I've realized that I need to find a balance. The case is important, but not more important than you."

Tears welled up in my eyes, but I blinked them back. "I want to support you, Enzo. But I need you to let me in, to let me be there for you."

He squeezed my hand, his grip firm and reassuring. "I promise, I will. I've already spoken to my father and told him I need to delegate some of the workload. He wasn't happy, but he understood."

I looked into his eyes, seeing the earnestness there. "We can get through this, Enzo. Together."

He nodded, a smile spreading across his face. "Together."

Later that evening, we returned to our apartment. It felt different, lighter, as if the weight of the past few weeks had lifted. Enzo insisted on cooking dinner, a small but significant gesture.

As he moved around the kitchen, I watched him, feeling a renewed sense of hope. This was the man I fell in love with-dedicated, caring, and willing to fight for us.

Over dinner, we talked about everything-the case, our dreams, and our fears. It was like rediscovering each other, peeling back the layers that had formed during the stressful times.

After dinner, we curled up on the couch, a comfortable silence settling over us. Enzo turned to me, his expression serious.

"I have something for you," he said, reaching into his pocket.

He pulled out a small box and handed it to me. My heart skipped a beat as I opened it to reveal a delicate silver bracelet with a tiny heart charm.

"I know it's not much, but I wanted to give you something to show my commitment to you, to us," he said softly.

"It's beautiful," I whispered, feeling tears prick at my eyes. "Thank you, Enzo."

He leaned in and kissed me, a kiss that spoke of promises and new beginnings.

The next day, Enzo and I walked hand in hand through the city, the sun shining down on us.

Enzo had arranged for some time off work, and we decided to take a short trip to the countryside-a getaway to reconnect and recharge.

As we walked, I felt a sense of peace and optimism. We had faced a rough patch, but we had come out stronger. Our love was a work in progress, something we both needed to nurture and protect.

That night, as we lay in bed, Enzo held me close, his breath warm against my skin.

"I love you, Noralee," he whispered. "I'll always fight for us."

"I love you too," I replied, feeling a deep sense of contentment. "Always."

Enzo leaned down, kissing me softly, his lips brushing against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding onto him tightly.

"Do you want me just as much as I want you right now" he asked, his voice thick with lust.

I nodded, biting my lip. Enzo grinned, his eyes twinkling mischievously. He leaned down, capturing my lips in a searing kiss. Our tongues danced together, our mouths devouring each other hungrily. I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding onto him tightly.

Enzo broke the kiss, looking down at me with dark, intense eyes. "Are you wet for me?" he asked, his voice a low rumble.

I nodded

Enzo's fingers trailed down my belly, stopping at the waistband of my panties. He tugged them down, revealing my bare pussy. I moaned softly, the cool air hitting my sensitive skin. Enzo chuckled, his lips brushing against my ear. "You're so beautiful," he whispered.

His hands trailed down to my clit, massaging it gently. I gasped, my body tightening with pleasure. Enzo chuckled, his lips curving into a satisfied smile. "Look at you," he said, his voice filled with admiration.

His fingers circled my clit, increasing the pressure slightly. I moaned louder, my body trembling with pleasure. Enzo chuckled, his lips brushing against my ear. "Do you like that, Nora?" he asked, his voice thick with lust.

I nodded, my cheeks heating up. Enzo's fingers circled my clit faster, sending delicious tingles all over my body. I moaned louder, my body tightening around him.

Finally, my warm liquid wrapped around Enzo's fingers, licked it of clean while looking straight at me.