Chapter 15 : Avoid

The next morning, I woke up with a sense of dread. The memory of the previous night lingered in my mind, and I knew I couldn't face Enzo just yet. I decided to leave for college early, hoping to avoid any awkward encounters.

I hurried through my morning routine, grabbing my books and bag before slipping out the door. As I made my way to the campus, I couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that had settled in my chest. My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I glanced at the screen to see a message from Enzo.

"Did you eat breakfast?"

I left the message on read, not knowing how to respond. A few minutes later, my phone buzzed again. This time, it was a call from Enzo. I stared at the screen, my heart pounding, but I didn't answer.

"Why did I even give him my number?" I muttered to myself, feeling a mix of frustration and confusion.

Another text came through. "Are you avoiding me?"

I left that one on read as well, trying to focus on my classes. I stayed extra hours at the library, working on assignments and trying to delay my return to the apartment. When I finally did head back, it was already late in the evening. I hurried through the lobby, hoping to avoid any interactions.

Once inside the apartment, I closed the door ,hurried to the room ,and leaned against it, letting out a sigh of relief. But the reprieve was short-lived. There was a knock on the door, and my heart sank. I pretended not to hear it, holding my breath as I hoped Enzo would go away.

"Noralee, I know you're in there," Enzo's voice called through the door.

I hesitated for a moment before opening the door, avoiding his gaze. "Hi, Enzo," I said quietly.

He stepped inside, his expression a mix of concern and determination. "Are you avoiding me?" he asked directly.

I didn't answer, my eyes fixed on the floor. The silence stretched between us until Enzo finally spoke again. "I'm sorry about last night. I took it too far."

I looked up, meeting his gaze. "I know. I regret it too."

Enzo shook his head. "I don't regret it, Noralee. I just got a little carried away."

His words sent a blush creeping up my cheeks. The tension between us was palpable as he closed the distance between us. "We can't," I whispered, my voice trembling.

"Why not?" he asked, his eyes searching mine.

"Because...I don't know anything about you. We're not close enough," I admitted, feeling vulnerable.

Enzo's expression softened, "You want close? Alright. Tomorrow night, get ready. I'm taking you on a date."

I was taken aback by his sudden declaration. "A date?" I repeated, feeling a mix of excitement and apprehension.

"Yes, a date," he confirmed, his tone leaving no room for argument. "We'll get to know each other better."

I blushed, unable to hide my smile. "Okay, I'll go on a date with you."

Enzo's serious demeanor softened into a small, satisfied smile. "Good. I'll pick you up at seven."

With that, he turned and left the room heading to his, leaving me standing there, heart racing and mind spinning. The promise of a date with Enzo filled me with a mix of excitement and nerves. As I closed the door behind him, I couldn't help but feel that this was the beginning of something new and unexpected.