10: Mike ruler of the Night (aka. We're screwed)

-Ray's P.O.V-

We stepped onto the loading bay to Rainbow Shard's zeppelin the Heritage, Mike was accompanying us and the other guards were helping Rainbow Shard map the ruins from the data provided by the satellites above the ruins. We walked over to the control room, seeing loads of Tech dragons operating the controls and checking the world map to pinpoint the location of the ruins.

We arrived at around midday, the waves lashed at the cliffs and the sun beat down on the ruins, which were built into the cliffs themselves. When we entered the main temple like building we saw a moon chipped into the stone, I took a photo with the camera on my headpiece and asked Rainbow Shard to look it up in the library to see if it was in one of the books. It was quite dark and quiet in the temple, loads of skeletons, primitive weapons and tools littered the floor. One skeleton sat on a seat at the far end, it was clutching a red emerald fixed with a silver clasp on a black ribbon. Unlike anything else the ribbon and the silver wasn't tarnished. It was Rainbow Silver, a precious metal more rarer than normal silver and twice as valuable, it was a metal only used for great purposes.

"I'll look around here and see if I can gather any more info!" Mike called out to us as her peered at the carvings, Shard went down the corridor behind the chair, Angie went west, I went East...

-Mike's P.O.V-

I could hear something, it was coming from the pendant. I took it off the skeleton and put it on, I felt a surge run through my veins, I looked at my hands and went wide eyed as parts of my skin had gone black and scales coated the skin. My tail had gotten longer and was dubbed with angled spines down the length of it, my wings were larger but were more defined and the tips of the fethers were midnight blue. I also had deep blue armour with a silver moon on the chest plate, I also wore a helmet instead of my beanie. I looked in some water and found myself to now have a starry, blue mane, rippling as if blown by an invisible wind.

I marvelled at myself before a twinge of hatred found its way into my brain, hatred at Rainbow Shard for not allowing me to always be with Shard, hatred at Angie and Ray for abandoning her when this place was full of traps. The pendant hadn't just given me more power, it had given me Knowlege. Of this place, of the history, of the dragons that lived here and what they worshipped. "Master, what do you desire?"

I turned and saw some mummy dragons and shadow dragons looking at me, I knew that I could control them through thought or order. I told them to save Shard from the trap she was walking into, lock up Angie and Ray, prepare my bed chambers and take the Heritage. The shadow dragons took the Heritage while the mummy dragons took Angie and Ray to the dungeons, rescued Shard and prepared my bed chambers.

-Shard's P.O.V-

I gulped as I made my way along the dimly lit corridor, a spider scuttled across the floor and I shrieked like I little girl. I hated spiders, it's just the way they moved and the eyes. I shuddered and stepped forward, I heard a click and suddenly I was catapulted upwards into an old net. I looked down and saw a pit of spikes which clearly had trapped many dragons, people and animals over the years. I screamed as the net gave way, a shadow suddenly swooped under me lifting me upwards and I saw with a thrill of horror that it was a rare shadow dragon. "The master wishes to see his queen and I obey my master, you are his queen and shall be brought to the master of the night!" It roared, oh god that can't be good!

I struggled in the dragons grip but it tightened and its claws pierced my skin, I howled as silver blood trickled down my arms. The dragon let go of me as another shadow hit it aside, "The master punishes all who hurt his queen!" It shrieked, it picked me up and flew back to the main room. Now the skeleton was gone and in its place, sitting on the stone chair, smirking and twirling the red pendant was...

'Mike?!' I thought and stopped struggling, the dragon set me down gently before Mike and went off to clean and restore the ruins. Mike pushed himself off the throne and walked towards me, he wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my hair again. He hissed in annoyance at the cuts dotted around my arms, he started licking them. I winced at the stinging but watched them heal, Mike gave a purr of satisfaction and wrapped his new starry mane around me, cradling me closely. A mummy dragon ambled in, "Your chambers are ready master..." Mike smirked, "Ray and Angie?"

In the dungeons was the reply, my brain stopped, Mike locked them up?! That was simply...

"UNACCEPTABLE!"

My shout was backed by Shadow and Lament, they both came out and attacked the dragon while I took the easy way out, by elbowing Mike in the stomach. I had a strong punch so the groan of pain that followed satisfied me completely, I somersaulted in the air and landed neatly on the floor. A starry nimbus surrounded me and I saw Mike standing there, his mane had changed shape and was now blocking all hopes of escape. I sighed and gave up, allowing mike to bring me to him, Shadow and Lament disappeared.

Mike picked me up bridal style and made his way to his chambers, he shut the door with his foot and threw me onto the bed. He hovered over and licked his lips hungrily.

(Cookies)!