Ghosts of the past

GUYS... I am disappointed.
1. You guys think that this story is that common that an ex would come and force her and all or she ran away from her fiancé? Tch tch tch. I mean you are SORT OF close but still.. My babies you gotta think out of the box.
(The shoutout is at the end of the chapter)

2. Some of you did connect some dots of the adoption but still not good enough:(

3. YOU ARE IN FOR SOME ROLLERCOASTER RIDES HEHEHE.

—————

Shivansh spent what felt like an eternity searching for Keya, his heart pounding with worry. When he finally found her, she was sobbing in Suhana's arms in a quiet, secluded room. His protective instincts surged, and he quickly moved towards them, his eyes filled with concern.

"Grace," he called softly, kneeling beside her. "What happened? Are you okay?"

Keya looked up at him, her eyes red and swollen from crying. Suhana gently stroked her hair, then turned to Shivansh. "Who was that man you were talking to, Shivansh?"

"Ayush Goyal," Shivansh replied, confusion etched on his face. "He's an old business acquaintance. Why?"

At the mention of the name, Keya froze, her breath catching in her throat. She clutched Suhana tighter, her entire body trembling. Shivansh's worry deepened, and he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

If sadness can break hearts.. his shattered a hundred times in just one glance at her.

But he remained calm, atleast pretending, for her..

"Keya, please tell me what's going on," he urged gently, his voice filled with concern and urgency.

Suhana nodded at Keya, giving her a reassuring squeeze. "It's time, Keya. He needs to know," she whispered, then slowly stood up. "I'll give you two some privacy."

As Suhana left the room, Shivansh focused all his attention on Keya, his eyes never leaving her face. "Keya, whatever it is, you can tell me. I'm here for you."

Keya took a deep, shaky breath, trying to gather her strength. "Ansh," she began, her voice barely above a whisper. "Ayush Goyal... he- he- I-"

Shivansh's jaw tightened, his eyes flashing with a mix of anger and protectiveness. "What did he do to you, Keya?" he asked, his voice low and controlled, though his emotions were raging inside.

Taking a deep breath, she began.

"First of all, I need you to know.. my real name isn't Keya... Keya is something my parents used to call me.."

"I'm Akayra."

———————

*flashback*

(Keya's POV.)

*18 years old*

I just got back from school, my backpack heavy on my shoulders as I enter the house. The atmosphere feels strange, charged with an unfamiliar tension. As I step into the hall, I see my adoptive parents, Mr. and Mrs. Goyal, sitting with a man I've never seen before. He looks at me with a creepy expression that sends a shiver down my spine.

"Ah, Akayra, come here," Mrs. Goyal calls out, her voice unusually sweet. She comes to me with a plate of sweets, something she has never done before. "Have some sweets, dear," she says, almost shoving a piece into my mouth. Her eyes are bright with an excitement I don't understand.