Woven Dreams (& nightmares)

See guys I understand that you all wait for the chapters but please also understand I am leaving for my college in less than A month which requires my prime attention, but still I apologise.
If I hasten the process of writing these chapters then the quality of my writing will go down which I don't want for this book atleast.

—————————————

The reception was in full swing, with laughter and chatter filling the air. Soft music played in the background, and the warm glow of chandeliers cast a golden hue over the room.

Dev stood near one of the tables, absently twirling a rose between his fingers, his eyes searching the crowd for one person in particular. Today he made his mind to confess, to just, speak his heart out, but damn that girl- she leaves him speechless. All the damn time.

And then, as if drawn by some invisible force, he saw her—Suhana, moving gracefully through the crowd, her dress flowing like liquid midnight. She was a vision, her elegance effortless, her beauty undeniable. But it was the way she carried herself, with that quiet confidence and warmth, that truly captivated him.

He watched her from a distance, the rose in his hand feeling more significant with every passing second. He had always called her "Rose," a name that had become a silent tribute to her beauty and strength. And now, as he saw her laughing with a group of friends, he felt the name resonate more deeply than ever.

While coming here today, with the wonderful advice of his best friend, he also foolishly, read an article, "how to confess your feelings without actually confessing them"

Did it help? No.
Was he still gonna try? Hopefully.

Gathering his thoughts, Dev walked toward Suhana, who caught sight of him approaching. Her smile widened as she excused herself from the conversation and met him halfway.

Focus Dev, Focus.

"Hey, Dev," she greeted, her voice carrying the same melody that had enchanted him time and time again. "Enjoying the party?"

He nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "It's been good, but I think I'm enjoying it more now."

Suhana raised an eyebrow, clearly intrigued. "Oh? And why's that?"

Without a word, Dev held out the rose he had been holding, its deep red petals velvety under the soft lights. Suhana looked at it, then at him, her eyes sparkling with curiosity and a hint of amusement.

Hayeeeee

"A rose for a Rose," he said softly, his voice filled with a warmth that made her heart skip a beat.

Suhana took the rose, her fingers brushing against his as she did so. "You always know how to surprise me," she replied, her tone light but with an underlying sincerity.

"I'm just glad you like it," Dev said, his eyes locked on hers. "Roses remind me of you, you know? Not just because of your nickname, but because of what they symbolize—beauty, elegance, resilience."

Suhana tilted her head, a soft blush coloring her cheeks. "You're getting poetic, Dev."

Because you bring out the poet
No- That's Shiv's line..

He chuckled, shaking his head slightly. "Sorry, you just look, breathtaking-"

They stood there, the noise of the reception fading into the background as they shared a moment that was just for them. Suhana twirled the rose between her fingers, a smile tugging at her lips as she looked at him.