In your arms

Guys guys, as I said earlier that I have been super busy with college stuff and thats why I can't update regularly. I know and I am sorry. But to make up for this, I have an idea. I am gonna add 3 more chapters, after the book has finished (8 more chapters to go I'll cry😭) as the bonus chapters.
I love you all sm and thank you for sticking w me ♥️

————————————

The morning light filtered softly through the curtains as Keya slowly blinked awake. She heard Shivansh's voice, deep and reassuring, mingling with a distant yet familiar feminine voice. As she focused, she realized he was on a video call with Sayunkta.

Keya smiled, momentarily forgetting the events of the previous day. The sight of Shivansh, engrossed in conversation, his face relaxed and affectionate, filled her heart with warmth. She listened to the playful banter between Shivansh and Sayunkta, feeling a sense of normalcy return, if only for a brief moment.

"Looks like she's awake," Shivansh said, noticing Keya stirring. He turned to face her, his smile widening with genuine affection. "I'll call you later, Sayu."

Sayunkta's cheerful voice came through the phone, "Alright, take care of her,bhai. Bye, Keya!"

Shivansh hung up and moved closer to Keya, his eyes soft with concern and love. Keya attempted to sit up, but the weight of her lehenga and the exhaustion from the previous night's events pressed her back down. She sighed, feeling the heaviness in her body.

"Easy there," Shivansh said gently, reaching out to help her. "You need to rest, Grace."

Keya looked up at him, her eyes filled with gratitude and a hint of lingering sadness. "Thank you, Ansh," she whispered, her voice barely audible. "For everything."

Shivansh leaned down and kissed her forehead. "I'm always here for you, Keya," he said softly. "Always."

He carefully helped her lie back down, ensuring she was comfortable. Keya closed her eyes again, she felt a sense of security and love enveloping her, knowing Shivansh was by her side.

But as Shivansh held her, Keya couldn't help but ask, "Where did you go yesterday?"

Shivansh hesitated for a moment, contemplating whether to tell her the truth. He chose not to. "I needed some air," he said softly, brushing a strand of hair away from her face. "I went to clear my head."

Keya looked up at him, her eyes searching his for a moment before she nodded, satisfied with his answer. "Okay," she whispered, leaning back against the pillows.

Shivansh gently checked her temperature, relieved to find it had gone down since last night. "You're feeling a bit better," he said, his tone tender. "That's good."

Keya offered him a small smile. "Thanks to you," she murmured. "I don't know what I would do without you, Ansh."

Shivansh's heart swelled with emotion.
And I would be nothing more than a living dead without you,
He thought in his mind.

But he voiced something else, his voice firm yet gentle. "I'm not going anywhere."

He held her close, offering her comfort and warmth. As Keya rested against him, she felt a profound sense of safety and love. For a while, the memories of the past and the fears of the future faded, leaving only the present moment, where she was wrapped in Shivansh's protective embrace.

But moments later, she jerked up suddenly, her eyes wide with alarm. "Wait. We had to leave for the main palace tonight! What time is i—"

Shivansh cut her off gently, placing a calming hand on her shoulder. "It's alright, baby," he said softly. "Yes, we had to leave, but we shifted the plan. We'll be leaving in the afternoon instead of the evening."