Part 3

You were in the Quinjet, along with Fury and dozens of other agents. You kept your gaze pinned to the floor, avoiding to look at any of those people. You could hear footsteps approaching you and a pair of black boots came into your view.

"Here you go." You heard the voice of Fury. When you looked up, you could see he was offering you your sword and your guns. "We're getting close to New York. You might want to get ready."

Without a single word, you took it from him.

"Sir, we're above the Stark Tower."One of the agents said after a few moments.

"That's your cue." Fury said as you stood up.

Natasha and Clint watched as the Quinjet opened in the middle of the sky, a blurry figure jumping out and landing in the middle of the street. The surrounding aliens had noticed it and tried attacking it, but you were far quicker. You knocked one of them back, while slicing the head of another alien with your sword, the blood splattering all around you, before you turned around to stab the other one in the chest. Then, you pulled your guns out, firing off two perfect shots that landed exactly in between the eyes of two aliens, killing them.

"Back up arrived." They all could hear Fury's voice in the comms.

Tony had just noticed your figure standing in the middle of the street and chuckled, which Fury could hear."Her? She looks like she never even witnessed a fight, let alone fought anyone."

"Careful, Stark." Fury warned. "Have you ever heard of a wolf in sheep's clothing?"

"Her?" Tony questioned, watching as you proceeded to slice the head off another alien. It wasn't long before you were surrounded by a group of them, each of them trying to get their hands on you and kill you, but you weren't phased. You twirled your sword in your hands, getting a good grip on it before swinging it in the air, stabbing them and slicing off their body parts, as they piled on you, hoping to kill you. In a blurry flash and in a matter of seconds, they all ended up on the ground, dead. "Uh.. yeah, I take that back."

Natasha watched as you moved the hair, that was sticking to your forehead, off. You had drops of their blood on your face and neck, while your clothes were almost completely covered in blood. You looked up, meeting Natasha's gaze. Both of you froze for a moment. A moment of recognition passed as you two only stared at each other.

Her eyebrows furrowed, painful memories resurfacing in her brain at the sight of you. The two of you nodded at each other, a silent promise of speaking about this later, before you went back to the fight.

You were out of form, that was sure. After ten years of not training, not doing anything except reading, reading and reading in your cell, it was bound to happen. You had nothing else to do, to be fair. You could feel your muscles straining, but you ignored the pain in them, killing any alien you set your eyes on.

You were about to kill the last one, when the alien was suddenly blown away by a bright flash coming from above. You looked up, only to see a man flying in a red suit, full of different kinds of weapons.

"You can thank me later, sweetheart."He said before flying away.

A scowl on your face made it clear how you felt about that nickname.

You found yourself back to back with the redheaded assassin, she was shooting aliens from her guns, while you killed them with your sword. You watched as a blur of a huge, green figure stormed past you and you gave Natasha a look.

"It's a long story." She told you, gesturing at the green guy that just attacked the army. "You got out."

"So did you." You said.