Part 17

When Fury visited you again, he found you in your bath robe and a bottle of wine in your hand. He cautiously stepped inside, looking at you the whole time. "Are you okay?"He asked you, watching as you walked away towards the couch where you sat down and continued watching some show.

"I'm perfect." You replied. "Never been better. Yep. I'm fine."

Fury gave you a knowing look, stepping in front of the TV and blocking your view as you tried to move and see what was happening on the show. He placed his hands on his hips, looking down at you with concern. "Y/N."

"I told you I'm fine. Now move, Nick. You're not made of glass."

"Well, I don't believe you're fine." He said."Turn it off."

You let out a deep breath before turning the TV off while Fury took a seat next to you.

"What happened after I left?" He asked you.

"Do you really want to know?" You raised an eyebrow at him.

"Look, I know this is something hard to process. You can't close up, though. You have to talk to somebody about this."

"To who?" You let out a loud laugh. "You're the only person I communicated with in a whole week. I don't have anybody else, Nick." You said, blinking your tears away in a desperate attempt to control your emotions.

His look softened. "You can talk to me. Is that okay?" He asked again, making you nod. "Okay. What did you decide?"

"That I will get as close to him as possible." You said.

Fury gave you a worried look. "... Alright. And what then?"

"I'm going to kill him."

"Well, that took a dark turn." Fury commented. "I have to say I'm not encouraging this. But, what led to that decision?"

"Are you kidding me? You know what he did! It's what he deserves. Besides, it's going to make our jobs and my life much easier." You let out a breath before speaking again, clearly frustrated. "I've never had control over my own life, Nick. You don't know what it feels like. The most control I've had is deciding to stay in that cell, but then you showed up, recruiting me for a fight and throwing me into a team with some strangers... no offence. Fighting is all I know. My whole life I've been going from one fight to another. It's all I can remember. After all of this is over, I'm leaving. I'll... God, I don't know. I don't even know what I want to do." You wiped away a tear that fell down your cheek. "I always wanted to have a bookshop. I need to get my life in order."

"So... let me get this straight. The first step to doing that is... murder?" He nudged you. "Hey... After all of this, I'll personally make sure you have your bookshop. But, that's not all, is it?"

You shook your head. "I found my sister today."

"Really? How?"

"It doesn't matter."

"What was her name again? Anastasia?"

You nodded. "I can't believe I found her."

"Did you talk to her?"

"No. I just... watched her from afar. She's in an elderly care home." You said. "I just... watched her from the hallway. I didn't dare approach her. She probably forgot all about me."You said. "Her children and grandchildren came to visit her. That's when I left. It reminded me of something. That's another opportunity he stole from me, Nick. I'm not even supposed to be here anymore. I probably wouldn't. Hell, I was born in 1928. And today I even remembered something." You let out a small chuckle, making Fury give you a weird look. "I... I had a boyfriend. Before all of this with Hydra happened."

"Don't worry." Fury pulled you in for a side hug. You placed your head on his shoulder. "We'll do this together. I'm in this with you."

"... Thank you."

"That reminds me. About Irina... her death wasn't an accident, was it?" He asked you, making you sigh.

"I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for your persistent ability to mind my business, Nick."

"... I'm going to make you a cup of tea now, and we'll have to have a long talk about murder being the first thing that comes to your mind in every given situation."

"Great. I hope you cleared the rest of your afternoon, because boy do I have trauma to overshare with you."