Part 5

Later that day, you were taken to the Avengers Tower by Fury. He took you to the top floor, where you were met with a redhaired woman, who smiled when she saw you.

"Ms. Potts." Fury spoke, shaking her hand once she approached you. "A pleasure to meet you again."

She offered him a small smile before looking at you. "I take it you're Y/N."

You looked at her, saying nothing.

"She doesn't talk very much." Fury explained.

"Hm. A nice change from Tony, who talks too much." She said, placing her hand on your shoulder and squeezing it. You looked at her hand and raised an eyebrow.

"She's also not a fan of physical touch. Trust me." Fury added, looking around. "This place looks like it's been through a lot."

You looked around, seeing the smashed floors and debris everywhere.

"Because it was. Tony has it under renovations, along with other floors of the tower." Pepper said. "Knowing Tony, it shouldn't take long."

"I'm sure. Well, I have to be on my way. I trust you can take care of Y/N?"

"Of course."

As soon as Fury left, Pepper turned towards you.

"Alright, it's just the two of us now. I'll show you to your room and I will let you get settled in after that."

Pepper took you to the floor where your room was supposed to be. You two arrived to the door at the end of the hallway and Pepper stopped."Alright, this is it. This is your room, Natasha is in the room right next to yours. Across your room is Bruce, then Steve, Clint and... well, that's Tony's room, but he doesn't use it. He spends most of his time in the labs, anyway."

Labs? As in multiple labs? Your eyebrows furrowed as you looked at her.

"I'll let you get settled in, then. If you need anything, you can tell Jarvis and he'll tell me, or Tony."

The woman was so sweet and nice, but you weren't really in the mood for talking, or for her bubbly personality.

"Thank you." You said to her, surprising her.

"Oh. It's not a problem. You have a really pretty voice, by the way." She told you. "Alright, I'm gone. Call if you need anything." She smiled at you before walking away.

You opened the door, being met with a large room in front of you. You had to be honest, a single room in this tower looked bigger than all of the cells you've been living in combined. Hell, it even looked bigger than the whole apartment you and Bucky had years ago. You bit your tongue at the thought of him.

"Hello!" A sudden voice coming out of nowhere almost startled you. You looked around the room, but found no one. The glass wall of the room, overlooking the whole New York, suddenly started displaying some kinds of... holograms? "My name is JARVIS."

"Where the hell are you?"

"Everywhere." The voice replied. "I am an AI system, created by Mr. Stark."

"Oh." You said, pocketing the knife you pulled out.

"I already know everything about you, Miss Y/L/N. If you need anything, you can tell me. I always listen."

"Thank you, Jarvis." You said before the voice cut off.

You settled in, seeing that your room had already been decorated, so you basically had nothing to do. Even the closet was already full. First, you took a long shower before you laid on the bed, seeing it was surprisingly soft. Your eyebrows furrowed, not being used to beds as soft as this one was.