Part 15

As everybody was preparing for the mission, you found Tony in his lab. He had his face quite literally buried in piles of paperwork on his desk. You guessed it was something related to his company. He didn't look up when you came in.

"Tony." You said, your voice barely above a whisper. He still didn't move his eyes off the paperwork and, suddenly, you wondered why you even thought coming here to talk to him was a good idea.

"Talk, Y/N. I'm busy." He said.

"I, uh... I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything that happened. I couldn't tell you about it and I'm sorry."

It was only then that Tony looked up at you. "This doesn't change anything. I still don't trust you. The team still doesn't trust you. If we're being honest, we don't know what you're still doing here."

You bit on your tongue before nodding your head. "I understand."

"Leave. I have work to do."

You nodded again before leaving the lab. Your decision was made.

Later that day, you and Steve had to be the first to arrive to the base. Considering the bruises he had from the fight with you, you decided he didn't need any more. The ones he had would serve as enough cover for him to get in with you.

You walked into the Hydra base, brushing snow off your sleeve as you made your way down the long hallways, two agents dragging a beaten up Steve behind you. As you turned a corner opposite the one leading to your supervisor, another agent stopped you, gripping his gun in his hand. "You can't go in."

"Tell your boss he'll be happy to see I captured Captain America." You said, watching as he mumbled out something into the earpiece. Then, he turned towards you, carefully looking you up and down. He then nodded, opening the door behind himself and letting you in. "Welcome back, Madame Hydra."

As you walked in, the door closed, leaving you in a cold office looking room. You could feel shivers travel down your spine as the man turned in his chair to face you, one of Hydra's highest ranking officials. "Madame Hydra, you've sucessfully infiltrated SHIELD, I take it."

"Did you doubt me?"

"Not in the slightest." He said, looking at Steve, who was dragged in after you. "I see you brought us a gift."

"Captain America himself."

"Perfect. We'll find use for him certainly."

"Are you sure about that?" You asked, your head leaning to one side as you looked at the man.

Steve recognized the murderous look in your eyes and he knew it was time.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I don't think you'll be able to do anything, really." You said, watching as the expression on his face changed before you pulled your dagger out, stabbing it through the man's throat as Steve freed himself from the two agents holding him, and then taking them down. The man's blood spilled all over your clothes and face, but you ignored it as you pulled your dagger out, leaving the man on the floor.

You stepped over his body and found your mask, pulling it over your face before making your way out. Steve quickly followed you. Once outside, you grabbed the agent guarding the door, smashing his face in the wall before pulling your gun out and firing it into his head before the guy even had a chance to react. That was a sign to the team, who blasted the door off and fight ensued.

Steve grabbed an agent before he could reach you, taking him down.

You didn't pay him any attention, focusing on finishing this up and finally being able to move out of the tower. But, the fight went on longer than expected.

You took down another agent, shooting her in the head before you saw another agent aiming their gun at Natasha. She didn't even notice the agent. Knowing she wouldn't be able to avoid it if you just warned her, you rushed towards her. You pushed her out of the way, making her turn around to glare at you as she heard the sounds of gunshots. Her eyes dropped to the blood spreading on your lower half. Two tiny red dots grew by every passing moment, soaking your whole shirt in your blood eventually.

She shot the agent who did it, before looking at you as you slid to the ground. She bit her tongue, trying to decide what to do. Steve hurried into the room, looking at Natasha and then noticing you. He shared a look with her and gestured at her to leave."We're leaving."

You could hear the sounds of their footsteps as they walked away. The sounds of fighting disappeared, leaving behind only silence as you eventually lost your conscience.

Thor bursted into the room you were in, taking in the sight of you surrounded by your own blood on the floor.

"Gods... " He mumbled out, rushing towards you and kneeling by your side. He tried finding your pulse, feeling how cold your skin was. He didn't find any, which made him lower his head to your chest, trying to hear your heartbeat. He let out a relieved breath when he felt your heart still beating. "Y/N? Y/N?" He lightly slapped your face, trying to wake you up. "Wake up!"He could see your eyes slowly opening and you tried to say something. "There you are." However, his expression turned into a horrified one when you let out a cough and your blood pooled out of your mouth, the red liquid trailing down your face as you choked on it. "Shit! I'll take you to the doctor. You'll be fine. You have to be." He whispered in your ear as he picked you up, making you groan in pain."Just hold on for me. We'll be there quickly."

The last thing you felt was the cold air on your face as Thor hurried outside, and then you were lifted into the air. After that, everything turned black.