4 • Pain

At eight o'clock in the evening, the food street was bustling with people. The rain was still falling, but it couldn't stop the enthusiasm of Liangcheng people to eat out.

Liangcheng is hot and humid in summer. People can't stay at home. Air conditioning is also stuffy, so they like to go outside to cool off. The elderly like to bring small stools to the alley entrance to fan themselves with palm-leaf fans and enjoy the breeze. Residents of new communities flock to the garden square. Several lakes and rivers in the city are the best places to cool off.

Young people are more restless, and they like to call friends to gather in open-air food stalls to eat barbecue and drink beer, and they are happy only when they sweat profusely. Liangcheng also has many delicacies, including local lake fresh game, river fish and wild vegetables, snacks and snacks... If you try them all, you can't finish them in a month or two.

The food street is located by the river. As night falls, neon lights come on. Colorful signs of "River Fish Restaurant" and "Crayfish" fill the night sky. Shop assistants flock to the streets to solicit customers.

Song Lisa parked the car and the rain stopped.

The waiters at the lobster restaurant are setting up outdoor tables and chairs at the door.

After a discussion, they decided to sit outside. It had just stopped raining, and the river breeze was very comfortable.

Song Lisa ordered three large pots of spicy crayfish, lotus root and pork ribs soup, stir-fried lotus root with green pepper, stir-fried dried tofu with chrysanthemum, stewed fish head with radish, and a bunch of barbecue...

Xiao Qiu stopped her, "Don't order too much, or you won't be able to finish it later."

Xiao Dong said with a smile: "Is it a bonus for a business trip? So generous."

Song Lisa said: "If you can't finish it, you can pack it up."

It would be embarrassing if there were not enough dishes when inviting colleagues to dinner.

Xiao Xia said, "Why bother? This is enough."

"Oh." Song Lisa closed the menu. "Then let's order these first. If they're not enough, we can order more later?"

"OK."

Everyone sat around a table. They usually communicated a lot at work, but seldom had private gatherings. At this moment, they stared at each other and giggled. The air was silent for a few seconds.

Xiaodong brought up the topic: "Liangcheng has opened up its settlement policy, and now housing prices are going to go up again."

Shen Jennie touched up her lipstick and said lightly, "I've never paid attention to housing prices."

Xiaochun: "Of course you don't need to pay attention. You locals are better off. You have houses and can spend your salary however you want. You don't have to worry about anything."

Song Lisa shook her s head: "Local people can't afford to buy houses either."

Xiao Qiu said, "Don't worry. You are the most capable among our new reporters. It's only a matter of time before you get a promotion and a raise."

Before Song Lisa could say anything, Shen Jennie threw her lipstick into her Chanel bag, looked up and asked, "Did you order a drink?"

Song Lisa : "Yeah. Two pints of watermelon juice."

The crayfish were served soon and everyone put on gloves and enjoyed it.

Xiao Xia was very soft-hearted and praised: "To be honest, 'The Story of the Eastern Kingdom Before the War' is really good. I really like reading it Lisa, I have discovered before that no matter the manuscripts you wrote or the records you made, they look quite ordinary, but they are always attractive and worth reading."