30 • Good Intentions

Song Lisa woke up the next day and found that the incident had quickly fermented after one night. The article she wrote spread to every corner of the Internet and attracted national attention.

The direction of public opinion reversed overnight, from mocking the person who jumped from the building as weak and incompetent to verbal abuse and condemnation of teacher Zhao.

"Being a teacher bitch is trash."

"He's still a top-grade teacher. I don't know how he got selected. The education system is rotten to the core."

"Shouldn't such a person go to jail? Go to hell!"

"Does the Education Bureau dare to admit that the special-grade teacher is a scumbag? I don't think so. Haha, it's time for PR again."

Song Lisa was not at all pleased with the reversal of results. The Internet seemed to have always been a place to vent emotions.

However, amidst the overwhelming abuse, a message from a netizen caught Song Lisa 's attention:

"Will other teachers in the school tell the truth?

What makes people desperate is that the people they want to protect may not have much power. They just want to protect the interests of their own group, and people in the same group are bound to harbour each other. In this society, if you don't belong to any group, then congratulations, you are isolated and helpless. "

Song Lisa looked at that sentence for a long time, and she said to herself, the so-called journalist is just to make everyone no longer feel isolated and helpless.

As for her, she does not want to lead or change public opinion. All she wants to do is record an ignored voice, even if it is just to play a supervisory and restraining role, so that the authority can finally give a fair and just result.

However, she soon discovered that things were not that simple.

That morning, she was called to Liu Yufei's office and asked to delete the post, apologize, forward the investigation notice issued by the police, and hand over the personal information of her student Wang.

Song Lisa couldn't understand: "Didn't the station ask me to track down and report the truth? And they also said they support my freedom of the press?"

Liu Yufei was also embarrassed and said: "But now, the truth needs to be investigated by the police."

"The police should investigate. Why did they ask me to delete the post and apologize? I didn't express any opinions. I just recorded a student's statement. Shouldn't they investigate what I recorded?"

Liu Yufei rubbed his nose and felt it was a difficult situation. "They will investigate. But you have to delete the negative impact. Now the discussion among netizens has risen to the level of the education system, the public security system and even higher levels, and they think they are protecting the teacher."