52 • Yearning

Jose was waiting for Song Lisa outside. When he saw her coming over, his face turned pale and he asked, "What's wrong with you? You don't look well?"

Song Lisa shook her head: "It's okay." Then she quickly ran into the alley, looking up and around as she ran.

Jose followed her: "Song, what are you looking for?"

Song Lisa climbed up the stairs of a residential building, stood on tiptoe and stretched her neck: "I want to find a good angle to see the whole hillside."

It was past one in the morning, but the moonlight was bright. In the dim alley, the empty windows looked like the eyes of a ghost. The two searched around and finally found a rooftop, diagonally in front of the fortress. They would not face the artillery fire directly, but had a clear view.

Song Lisa was relatively calm and composed, setting up the stand and adjusting the equipment, everything was in order. But after getting the equipment ready, she began to move it around, changing several viewing angles, and she was not satisfied with anything.

Jose said, "Song, the roof is only the size of a palm, it looks the same from any angle."

Song Lisa remained silent, and finally settled in the outermost corner, fidgeting, and simply lying down and crawling on the edge of the building. She felt her chest and abdomen pressed against the ground, rising and falling violently, and her legs and feet were shaking.

There was silence on the hillside, as if both sides had stopped fighting. But she knew this was a precursor to an outbreak. She pulled the camera and could clearly see the machine guns and gun muzzles hidden in the turrets of the opposite fortress.

The moonlight was bright, illuminating the hillside. Tonight was not a good night for lurking.

Song Lisa looked up and could still see the artillery fire on the battle line several kilometers away. On such a quiet and beautiful night, no one in this city could sleep peacefully. She looked up at the bright and eternal moon in the sky, feeling sad. Why did humans have to be like this?

With tears in her eyes, a cannon shot suddenly rang out! A shell landed at the foot of the hillside, splashing dirt and creating a huge pit. Song Lisa didn't blink for a moment, and saw a familiar figure carrying a blasting device, taking advantage of the flying mud and smoke, and rolling into the pit swiftly and neatly.

The fortress on the opposite side immediately opened fire in response, but these were all emergency measures. They didn't understand the situation clearly, nor did they see the human figures clearly.

After a while of random firing, the sound of gunfire gradually faded. When the other side was confused and making judgment, another shell exploded diagonally above the pit. Li Jungkook jumped out of the pit and rolled into a new pit in an instant.

The terrorists on the fortress then discovered someone and tried to aim at the pit and fire. But as soon as a head appeared, the long-range sniper on the Cooks' side had been waiting for a long time. With a chirp, the bullet flew out, and the terrorist in the turret fell down instantly with a headshot. Several snipers aimed at the turrets they were watching, and shot at anyone who appeared, to cover Li Jungkook .