47 • Rekindled Fellings

“Left.” Song Lisa  looked up and answered hurriedly.

The moment her eyes met his, he looked away and walked up the stairs.

Song Lisa  looked back at the cigarette butt that was extinguished on the candlestick, clenched the lighter in her hand, followed him up and out of the basement.

Passing through the dark lobby on the first floor, the bright sunlight hit her head, stimulating her to squint. She raised her hand to block the light and saw Li Jungkook  had walked down the stairs, straddling a military motorcycle on the side of the road, wearing a helmet, slightly raising his chin, and fastening the helmet strap.

The profile of the face Is somewhat indifferent.

Song Lisa  got into her car. The car was like a sauna under the scorching sun. She felt a chill in her heart. She rolled down the window, started the car quickly, and drove away from the scene.

As she started, she glanced at the rear-view mirror and saw Li Jungkook  putting on black combat gloves with his head down.

Not long after the car drove out, she heard the sound of a heavy motorcycle behind her. She glanced at the rear-view mirror again and saw Li Jungkook  driving over, seemingly in the same direction as her.

Song Lisa  took a deep breath and pursed her lips. When she reached the intersection ahead, she happened to run into a group of soldiers and civilians who were digging trenches and were about to cross the road. Song Lisa  stopped the car in advance to avoid them. The sound of the motorcycle engine came from far away and came to a stop just outside her car window.

Li Jungkook  leaned on one foot, leaning forward, his back slightly arched, and crouched on the motorcycle, waiting for the group to pass by. His fingers fiddled with the handlebars unconsciously.

Song Lisa  stared at the stationary wipers outside the windshield without looking away.

The soldiers and civilians from the Eastern Kingdom who passed by looked at Song Lisa , an Asian girl, curiously and talked about her with kind smiles.

When Li Jungkook  saw this, he tilted his head to look at Song Lisa . Her profile was quiet, her cheeks slightly red because of the crowd watching her, her ears were also stained with a faint pink, and there was a thin layer of sweat on her lips.

Several local people saw Li Jungkook ’s military uniform and greeted him enthusiastically, giving him a non-standard military salute.

Cook soldiers are very respected and welcomed in the East Country.

Li Jungkook  also smiled faintly at them.

Song Lisa  raised her eyes and looked out the window, just in time to see the smile on his face. The curve of the corners of his lips was not big, but it was sincere.

He noticed something and was about to look over, but she had already quickly looked away and forward. Her heart was pounding, afraid of being caught. There was no one in front of the car, so she hurriedly stepped on the accelerator and drove through the intersection.

Four or five seconds later, the motorcycle behind also started and sped towards them.

A car and a motorcycle were speeding on the empty street.

Turning corners and walking through streets and alleys, the gunfire from the distant war zone became background noise; the only sounds on the streets were the roar of motorcycles and the sound of car tires rolling on the concrete ground.

But a car is still a car, and it is inevitable that it will be unstable at high speed. Song Lisa  turned a bumpy road and did not speed up. She thought Li Jungkook  would speed past, but he did not. He just drove side by side with her all the way to the entrance of the field hospital.