Chapter 12

During the drive, Yibo quickly realized that Zhan was not a person who held on to negative emotions longer than necessary.

The atmosphere in the car had lightened, and both men were talking about Zhan's passion for medicine. The issue about Yibo getting lost was left in the past.

Yibo, for some reason, still felt bad about what had happened. He wanted to clearly apologize, but decided to wait until they got home.

Another thing he realized during the drive was how far he actually had wondered off. If he hadn't met that old man, he would have invited a ton more trouble to himself.

At this realization, he let out a huge sigh. Zhan would need to be blind and deaf to have not noticed.

"Sorry, I went on and on. My story is really not that interesting. It's a bit boring, isn't it?"

When Yibo heard this, he snapped out of his deep thought state.

"It's not boring at all. I got distracted a bit about what happened. I just realized how far I wondered from the house, and if it hadn't been for that old man, who knows what would have happened?"

Zhan didn't respond because he could see the guilt on Yibo's face. He didn't want to make light of what Yibo was feeling, so both men just exchanged knowing looks with each other.

Luckily, this silence didn't drag too long because now they soon arrived at the house.

As soon as they walked into the house, Zhan pulled Yibo into a tight hug.

"I am so sorry, Zhan. All I wanted to do was take a walk, and because of that, I caused trouble for you. I really hate being a burden to you."

"Listen, I may not know what all you are feeling, but I want you to know that the first feeling that I felt when I realized you went in the house was fear. When I received that call, what I felt was relief. I never once felt burdened or inconvenienced. I know there are a lot of hanging emotions between us, but feelings of burden and inconvenience are not part of the list. I invited you into my home, so I hope that makes you feel wanted here."

Yibo didn't respond. He just held on to Zhan a bit more tighter. The physical connection helped both feel the much needed relief. It was a much needed release of emotions.

"I know I didn't sleep as long as usual, but since I am wide awake, what do you say we search a bit deeper about the Wang family. Maybe some things might trigger something in your mind."

"That sounds like a good idea. As long as you are feeling up to it."

"Of cause I am."

Both men sat down in front of the laptop and started searching for anything and everything they possibly could about the Wang empire.

For one, they both realized that Yibo's family had money, and they had lots of it.

The money pool flows from both sides of Yibo's parents. This family had their name on pretty much every industry, food, retail, and transportation. They are even known to have invested in some big movie hits and sponsored some idols as well.

They also found out that the auntie who came to the hospital and tried to kill Yibo was his stepmom. She came into the marriage after the mysterious death of Yibo's mom in the car crash.

There were controversies around that as well because according to the article they were reading, she claims that the 2 kids she had were fathered by Yibo's dad and had DNA tests done to serve as proof. She used to be Yibo's father's secretary, so most people believed her story had credibility. Also, Yibo's dad was surrounded by scandals involving infidelity, so this also added to her story's credibility.