Chapter 29

Soon, the police were called, and they took Ziyi away.

Ziyi felt defeated. Her son's words crashed her world into pieces. She did have her kids through deception, but she loved them very much, and it was true that she did everything to secure their future. She wanted to undo her upbringing through them, and in the end, she lost the only thing that was truly hers.

When she got to the police station, she made a full confession and pleaded guilty so that there would be no lengthy trial. She had already lost her kids, and because of that, she had no fight left in her. She felt she had nothing to live for.

.........

When Yibo got to the house, Zhan was held at no one was there. Everyone left but unfortunately they didn't untie him and he couldn't free himself.

"You don't know how happy I am to see your face."

"Me too, Zhan, me too."

"Is it over?"

"Yes, it is finally over. No more hiding. Everyone is where they should be."

"Well, not us because I don't want to be here a second longer."

"I also don't want to be in this house, but I meant that I am with you."

"If that's the case, I agree. Can we go home now?"

"After I do one thing."

Yibo leaned down and kissed Zhan. He knew a single kiss wouldn't be enough so satisfying the longing in his heart, but he held himself back. Their relationship has been full of nothing but suffering and trials. The fact that Zhan still wants to be with him and stand by him overwhelmed his heart deeply. He knew a single kiss wouldn't communicate how much he appreciated and valued Zhan.

"Now, can we go home. I need to take a bath, have a good home cooked meal, and restore my energy. If i wasn't part of all this mess, I wouldn't have believed that there are people like Ziyiin this world."

"After your energy is restored, will you let me deplete it again?"

"Deplete it?...Ah, I guess it will all depend on how good the meal tastes."

Zhan's face flushed red when he realized what Yibo meant.

"One more thing by home, you mean both of us go to your place, right?"

"You did hear me say, home cooked meal, since I can't really cook well, what would that mean?"

They both chuckled.

"I see. Your sass is still intact even considering what you have been through."

"I am not that fragile, and in any case, I actually expected worse. So, the fact that everything ended so quickly, you can even call it an anti climax in a way."

"What did you expect?"

"Well, Yubin told me about how much of a great fighter you are. I kind of wanted to see you in action."

"Were you not the one that said I shouldn't break the law?"

"I guess, but a little swear here and there wouldn't have hurt anyone."

"I really didn't expect you to be into that kind of stuff, but it's easy to see me sweat. The reason would entirely be up to you."

Zhan's face flushed again, and he never said a word after that.

They drove some in silence because Zhan fell asleep as soon as they hit the road.

Yibo was happy that other than being tied up, nothing traumatic happened to Zhan. He was still in good spirits as usual. Yibo made a promise to treasure this man no matter what life throws at him. He truly was a rare human, loyal beyond measure.