Chapter 22

Zhan's mind was still jumping between the shower memories and the good feeling that came with that and all the important tasks Yibo had to complete. This went on for a couple of days after Yibo left.

Slowly, reality settled in for Zhan when he wasn't hearing anything from Yibo. Anxiety and worry replaced all the feelings of euphoria. The more days passed without hearing from Yibo, the more anxious he got.

Yibo had promised Zhan that he would call him as often as possible, but since he left, he hadn't called even once or even sent a single message for that matter.

It had already been 4 days since they last saw each other. Zhan was losing his patience slowly. He knew he promised Yibo that he wouldn't do anything silly, but how could he keep his promise when Yibo wasn't keeping his?

He had just decided that on his next days off, he would try to figure out the meaning of the silence when his phone suddenly rang.

"Hello Zhan. Sorry it took a minute for me to contact you. I ran into a minor hiccup in my plans, but it's all sorted now. I hope you are eating all your meals and sleeping well, I have missed you so much. And before I forget, good morning. Good morning. Good morning and good morning."

"Why are you saying so many "good mornings"? It isn't even morning anymore? I thought your mind was glitching or something. Are you trying to charm your way out of taking responsibility for breaking your promise?"

"I am just trying to catch up on all the mornings I missed to say that to you. Hopefully, I won't miss anymore. Isn't that the same as me taking responsibility. Have mercy on me, I can barely keep sane because of this distance?"

"Your pickup lines are really weird, but I don't mind them. Alright, I will forgive you only because you are still safe and sound. What hiccups did you run into. Are you ok?"

"Yes, I am fine, we are all OK. My brother came to Yubin's place unannounced, and he didn't realize that he was being tailed. It's not his fault because it seems those two have a secret relationship that they are not ready to talk about. The situation got a bit sticky, and I was almost discovered, but it's sorted now. Thank goodness he didn't see me. I had to make alternative living arrangements because it seems he treats Yubin's house as his own. Anyway, my brother and Yubin are headed your way."

"OK, I am happy to hear everyone is OK. So does that mean they really close? Is there anything that I need to do on my side before they get here?"

"Not sure about the nature of their relationship, but one thing for sure is that they are more than just friends, but I don't want to assume anything. They will tell me when they are ready. Enough about them. Don't be scared, but there is a man coming with them that my step-mom sent. To avoid any suspicion, we had to agree to him tagging along. I need you to run the test without any of them around. Take my dad away from all three and run 2 tests. One that will say that it's just dementia and another thorough one. Test for everything. Come up with a story to tell them so that you can test him alone."

"Don't worry, I don't get scared easily. He can come with, but he won't be interfering with my work. Coming up with stories at the hospital is easy, I will have Jiyi explain everything to them. The hospital has many rules anyway, so I should be able to cook something up."

"If possible, can you not let that man see you. I just want you in the background or behind the scenes. I am not comfortable knowing that Ziyi might know who you are. Are you able to do that for me?"

"I will try, but I can't promise much. I am the doctor in charge of this unit, so won't it be a bit weird that I don't go greet the family that came with the patient to explain my findings? Its not good bedside manners in my profession to ignore people."