I'm sorry.

🟥TW: possible sensitive topics for some readers🟥

Y/n's Pov:

I've started writing to try coping with my feelings.

"I haven't eaten in three days, I've only left my room to use the restroom and shower. Nothing in my life has meaning anymore. There's no school to go to since it got destroyed, and even if I wanted to, I couldn't. I'm never allowed to see my earth again. I've been told it's for safety reasons, but I couldn't, and don't care, I want my life back. The shades in my room have been drawn shut. The lights stay off, even though light still peaks through my window. My body stays in my bed. That's been a few of the consistent things in my life these past three days. The decisions I make."

"Mayday from what I heard from Lyla is living with the Morales's. Miles, Hobie, Pavitir, and Gwen have all tried reaching out to me from one time to another. I get that they want to make sure I'm 'fine', but I don't think I'll ever be 'fine' again."

"Jess and Hobie were kind enough to grab my necessary belongings from the Parker house back on 616. Sadly speaking of the Parkers. I later learned that during the battle in New York, Aunt May didn't survive either..
I only found that out yesterday. Apparently she's the one who got Peter there, but her attempts to find safety weren't successful."

I wiped the stray tears running down my face.

"I've texted Serena multiple times. But no answer. There's no sign of her being alive or dead, so I guess no news is good news. For now at least."

I checked my phone just to be sure, only to be faced with an empty lock screen.
9:53pm
I closed my notebook and rolled over, spreading my arms across my bed as I dropped the book on the floor. My head rested on my tear stained pillow as I curled up and drifted off to sleep.

Narrator POV:

Miguel was nothing but worried for y/n. He couldn't help but feel sorry for her. Sorry that he couldn't have done anything. Sorry that she has to go through something so horrendous. Sorry that he can't be the person she needs. Y/n wanted nothing to do with Miguel. She avoided him whenever. When he tried getting her to eat, y/n would just shake her head. Miguel has tried getting one of the teens to possibly get through to her. She refuses.

Canon Events: A moment in time that cannot be stopped.  These Canon Events can be altered, y/n's fate wasn't supposed to end with her watching Peter die. You see,Earth 616 was unstable from previous causes. Y/n was originally supposed to find out about Peter's death, but since she ran away and ended up in New York, it would have been a total earth ender to remove her. So her fate changed, but Peter's and May's death were inevitable.

Miguel, Peter, May, Jess. They all knew y/n's possible fate.

While y/n was in her room Miguel grabbed a granola bar for her. He walked up to her door and knocked. Nothing. "Y/n, if you don't respond I'm going to open the door" He waited a few seconds just in case before he opened it. The plate from the previous dinner was on her nightstand completely untouched. Miguel sighed as he picked up the plate and set down the granola bar. He left to put the plate in the sink and came back.

"Y/n" he pulled up a chair next to her bed. No response. "Y/n please talk to me" It was obvious that Miguel cared, and that he was trying his best, but you could tell by his voice that he didn't want that to be obvious.

Y/n only groaned in response as she pulled her blanket over herself, leaving only her hair out. Miguel signed annoyed. "Are you going to just keep ignoring me?" No response. "Can you at least eat? Your wasting food." No. Response. "If you don't eat you'll die y/n!"

Y/n jolted up, furious.

"WHY WOULD YOU CARE; YOU DIDN'T GIVE A FUCK WHEN PETER DIED, NOBODY DID. ALL OF YOU SAT ON YOUR ASSES AND WATCHED. SO MY 'APOLOGIES' IF I DON'T WANT TO FUCKING. EAT." Y/n dropped her body to face her wall again. She softly spoke "maybe I don't wanna live..." She scoffed "I don't know how you'd understand though. Losing everything you love." She sifted her face in her pillow as she curled up in her bed. All y/n could feel was helpless, the people she needed were gone. Dead. And she was stuck with an asshole for a guardian. How could things get better...

Miguel calmed down, took some breaths, and thought before he spoke again. "I know what it's like to lose someone, everything if you will." He sighed as his voice broke a little, almost unnoticeable. "Almost a year ago I found a version of me, a happier me. He had this wonderful daughter that he cared for everyday as best he could." Y/n was listening as he spoke.

"He was shot and killed, his daughter left alone in that world. So I replaced him before she could find out.. I spent the next two months with her. Watching her soccer games, supporting her in school.." Miguel chuckles as a tear falls down his face. "Hell I even learned how to cook for her. But it didn't matter. I was never supposed to be there, never supposed to replace her father. And.... I was the reason for her...death." Y/n sat her head up and looked over her shoulder. "Everyone died... because of me." Miguel's head was down as he slouched in his chair.

It was silent for awhile but he sniffled and pulled himself together as he spoke again. "So I know how it feels losing someone. And believe it or not, I do care y/n..." Y/n realized she didn't know his story before assuming she had him figured out. As she turned her body to face him she quietly apologized.

"You shouldn't be the one apologizing, that should be me." Miguel brought his head up looking at her. "I'm sorry I couldn't do anything. I'm sorry I'm not as good as Peter, and I never will be" He chuckled lightly. He'd never admit it but he enjoyed Peter's company, the way he'd always try cheering him up, the way he was there for everyone, and the way he always smiled. And now, he could never tell him that, Peter would never know how much he meant to Miguel. "I'm sorry"

Miguel was about to get up when y/n quickly wrapped her arms around his neck bawling her eyes out. Still on her bed but now kneeling off the side. He didn't know what to do, the last time someone hugged him was..... Gabriella. "I miss Peter so much" y/n managed to get out as she cried on Miguel's shoulder. "I know.." Miguel repeated as he lightly patted her back untill she soon drifted to sleep.

"I won't let you down..."

1196 words

I tried making the paragraphs shorter so it's easier to read, let me know what you prefer! 🤗❤️

This warmed my heart a bit 🥺