11. Revenge

A person, actually, two people, ran through the crowded street. A shop vendor with a bloody splotch on his forehead and a restaurant owner red from anger.

"Get back here, damn kids!" The restaurant owner yelled, enraged as she and the shop vendor chased the two 'kids'. It was kind of funny, since the two he was chasing weren't really kids anymore. Well, this same thing had happened before, so it was no surprise the shop vendor still called them kids.

"Out of the way!" Morro yelled as he ran past the towns people, (y/n) running right behind him, as always.

"Argh, someone stop them!" The shop vendor shouted, but no one listened to him nor the restaurant owner. Well, most people they passed by were locals, and they knew this was a regular occurrence, and that intervening would do nothing.

Usually, Morro and (y/n) sneaked to the stall the guy owned, and just took what they needed. The man usually spotted them right after, or sometimes even before they were done, and that was how the chase started.

Poor man. He was always the target for (y/n)'s and Morro's stealing for no apparent reason. He just was.

This time was a bit different though. Their plan was to have Morro watch out while (y/n) grabbed them some food, usually it was the other way around. And as if the universe hated the two, it didn't work out.

Just as the man turned to speak to someone passing by, (y/n) swooped down behind him and grabbed himself a bunch of carrots. But the shop vendor seemed to have heard him, as he suddenly turned around and grabbed (y/n) by the hair.

"Gotcha! This is the end of your little game! Now, where's that annoying-" But before he could finish the sentence, someone tapped him on the shoulder.

The shop vendor stopped mid sentence and turned to look behind himself. He only had second to take in what he saw: Morro, a pissed glare on his face, a long wooden stick in his hands.

And once that second to observe was up, Morro swung straight at the shop vendor.

"Argghh!!" The man instantly let go of (y/n) and staggered back, hands moving to instead grip his bleeding forehead.

(y/n) hurried to stuff the carrots, along with a few other things into his bag, before hurrying to Morro's side.

"We have to go!" He said, shaking Morro's shoulder as the boy smiled mockingly at the shop vendor.

"Aaaaah!! What happened to my table!?" (y/n) couldn't help but turn away though as a woman's scream rang out through the street. 

Now was (y/n)'s turn to be surprised, as he saw an outdoor table missing one of it's four legs at the restaurant on the opposite side of the road. Someone's meal was still on the table, smeared all over the tablecloth on the tilted table.

(y/n) reluctantly turned to look at Morro again, more specifically, his hands. He looked at the wooden stick, which seemed to have been broken out of something.

Then he looked back at the table on the other side of the road. They were definitely a match...

Unfortunately, the lady had just noticed the same thing.

"You!!! You broke my table!!!" The shout that came out of the restaurant owner's mouth was directed at Morro, who turned to her with an annoyed look.

"Huh?"

"Get over here and fix it!! It's the lest you can do!!" The lady shouted over to him again as Morro glanced at the wooden table leg in his hands. In the end, he threw it away before finally calling over to the lady.

"Shut your trap, old hag!" He only said, before grabbing (y/n)'s hand and turning to leave.

"Old hag??!! Now I've had it, get back here!!" The lady suddenly took off in a sprint, the shop vendor right behind her.

"Bastards!" He too shouted, before Morro and (y/n) too took off running. And that's how they got into their current situation.

(y/n) glanced back every once in a while, but their two pursuers didn't seem to be feeling tired yet. Morro and (y/n) weren't going to lose them anytime soon, but it seemed like they weren't getting any closer either.

"Move!!" Morro shouted once again before sending a gust of wind to part the people in front of him and (y/n) into two sides, leaving a small empty way in the middle. The two ran through the mass of people, before Morro turned to glance back, and use wind to pull the people back to their original places.

The angry shop vendor and restaurant owner couldn't get past in time, and so Morro and (y/n) finally escaped out of the busy streets.

(y/n) let out a loud sigh of relief as he and Morro stopped in a small and quiet alleyway. Morro silently let himself catch his own breath as (y/n) stopped to dig through his bag.

"We finally got carrots! It's been ages since we last ate some." (y/n) smiled to himself at the fact before stuffing it all back into his bag.

"Let's go wash them by the river-" (y/n) was about to suggest, when suddenly Morro grabbed his shoulder, stopping him from going anywhere.

"Morro?" (y/n) asked with a cautious voice, but Morro wasn't answering him. He was silent, running his other hand thorough (y/n)'s hair carefully.

(y/n) thought back to when the shop vendor had pulled his hair. It had hurt, yes, but he didn't actually pull any of his hair out or wound (y/n) in any way. (y/n) smiled at the thought of Morro thinking he had.

"I didn't get hurt. Just so you know." (y/n) stated, before Morro stopped. (y/n) turned to glance at him, but he couldn't tell anything from the strange expression he wore.

"Good." Morro suddenly let out, giving (y/n)'s hair a quick tug, as if taking back his prior actions, before walking away.

(y/n) noticed Morro was heading towards the river, and instantly lit up, before rushing after him without saying another word.