Chapter 11

A/N:

Hey guys,

You might notice that some parts are missing. That's because I decided not to write every little thing. I stuck with only writing the interactions with demons, trainees, and some other scenes (I thought I should write). I hope y'all enjoy the chapter. 

3rd Person's P.O.V.

Tanjiro was running through the forest alone. He's trying to figure out how he's gonna survive for seven days. While he is thinking he kneels by a boulder and surveys his surroundings.

He decides to head East. As he does he smells something, a demon. 

A demon is running through the trees asTanjiro is surveying the area. 

Tanjiro is trying to pinpoint where the smell is coming from. He finally pinpoints where it's coming from.

"From above?!" Tanjiro yelled as he looked above him.

A demon jumps from the treetops and aims for Tanjiro. Tanjiro quickly rolls out of the way, causing the demon to go flying.

"Hahaha!" the demon laughs.

"A demon..." 

All of a sudden a second demon appears jumping from behind, aiming to strike Tanjiro. 

"Gyaa!!" the 2nd demon exclaimed.

"Ah! Urk!" Tanjiro exclaimed as he drew his sword and used it to block the 2nd demon's attack. The attack launched Tanjiro back. Then the most surprising thing happened. The two demons started fighting. 

"Damn you!" the 1st demon shouted as he attacked the 2nd demon. 

"Don't even try to grab my prey, man! Get off my turf, dammit!" the 1st demon yelled.

"The hell with you! Just beat it!" the 2nd demon yelled back.

'Two of them right from the get-go? I wonder if I can take them!' Tanjiro thought.

"That's my prey, you know!" the 1st demon yelled again.

"Shut up! It's first come, first served!" the 2nd demon told the 1st demon.

Then both demons run to Tanjiro and jump and attack. Tanjiro blocks both attacks. However, the 2nd demon was able to kick Tanjiro away.

'I'm okay!  Just calm down and watch their movements! Remember the training!'

The demons rush towards Tanjiro again.

"It's been ages since I last had human flesh!" the 2nd demon said.

'Total Conetrationn! Water Breathing!' Tanjiro breathes deeply. The threads connecting his sword to the demons' weak points appear.

 'The scent of the thread! 4th Form! Striking Tide!' 

With that one attack Tanjiro was able to kill both demons. Tanjiro is surprised at himself. He was able to kill a demon and not just one, but two. He remembered his training. After a brief flashback, he sheathed his sword put his hands together, and prayed for the demons. 

'Rest in peace.'

All of sudden Tanjiro caught a whiff of a disgusting smell. 

"What's that rotten smell?" Tanjiro asked while pinching his nose.

"Ahhh!!" Someone screamed.

Tanjiro looked to the side and saw a trainee running through the forest.

"No one ever told me! I never signed up for this!" the trainee yelled.