Questions & Answers

Hi, all. I decided to release this Q&A chapter, to clarify anything that hasn't been clarified yet, and to answer any questions you guys may have!

--

Q1. What is the age difference between Adrian and Linden?

A: Four and a half years. Adrian is 22 years old as of the current timeline, and Linden is 18 years old. Adrian's birth date is June 24th 1997, and Linden's birth date is December 24th, 2001.

Q2. What inspired you to write this book?

A: The idea for this book actually came up pretty randomly. I came up with the idea for it circa June 21st, 2020, and the purpose of this idea was simply because originally, I wanted to have two characters who are basically day and night, fall in love with each other.

I also wanted this book to have one of those dynamics where you have a character with a softer personality and another one with a tough personality, and the both of them teach each other new things, such as the softer character teaching the tougher character how to love, or anything of the sort.

Yes, I know it may sound a bit cliché, but I was 14 when I first started planning out this book, and these are also the kind of ideas I came up with, at the time. While it's not a bad concept, I do feel like it could have been executed, better. 😅

This book is also inspired by Linkin Park's song called "Numb". I have always loved that song, it's my #1 favorite song, and the more I listened to it, the more it inspired me. To any of my readers out there who are Linkin Park fans, you may have noticed that some of the book chapters are titled after songs of theirs, and you may have noticed some subtle references to their songs, or lyrics being stated in certain chapters, as well.

This was done on purpose, and while this book is not a fanfiction, those references and lyrics are still included as parts of the book, as a tribute to my favorite band.

Q3: When do you update?

A: Okay, so I try to update when I can, which unfortunately isn't as often anymore. 😭 I have other projects to work on, and while this book is one of my first priorities, the days just get away from me, and before I know it, it's been almost a week and I haven't worked on this book. I'm also at a point in this book where I've just kind of hit a snag, so please bear with me. 🥲

Q4: How many chapters will this book have?

A: At this point, I don't really know, maybe around 30. A while back, I said that this book was going to have around 25, but that number changed, a little while later.

Q5: Why is this book so dark and sad?

A: I decided to make this book dark in the first place because dark stories are my area of expertise, and I know that this book is kind of an extreme example of this. I also wanted this book to be about abuse and sexual assault awareness, as well.

I know that these topics are hard for a lot of people to stomach, but it's important that these topics are talked about, and represented properly.

Q6: Why is this book not really planned out that well, and why are there so many plot holes?

A: As stated in the introduction chapter, I wrote this book and most of its events when I was 15, and I started planning it out when I was 14, so there are a lot of plot holes, and some of the events may even seem nonsensical at times, but I am working on this. As I'm writing this Q&A chapter, I'm currently 18 years old, so I feel that I'm able to have a better grip on what I'm doing.

And I know that some of you who read the answer above may be thinking that I should have waited to write this book when I was more mature, to be honest I agree with you, as I would have been able to plan things out a lot better, and represent the serious topics, properly.

These are all the questions I can think of! If you have any additional questions, feel free to comment your question, and not only will I reply to it, but the question and answer I give will be added to this chapter!

Have a good one! ♡