Chapter Four: Crawling

Trigger warnings for this chapter:

• Triggering/harsh language

• Physical violence

• Scenes of unwanted touching

--

*Tuesday, November 26, 2019; 12:33 P.M. (flashback)*

*Linden's point of view*

"That's it, you've run out of chances. You aren't going to get away with disrespecting me."

Rodney was standing in front of me, with his arms crossed, and his eyes filled with rage. Just two minutes ago, he had walked up behind me, and he squeezed my ass. Feeling his disgusting hands touching me had activated my reflexes, and I had roughly pushed his hand away.

Big mistake.

Right now, he was coming closer to me, and once he hit a certain limit, he was standing so close to me that I could smell the alcohol and the perfume of girls that he had slept with on him.

He put his hands around my throat, and he started choking me. I desperately tried to get him to take his hands down, but the more I tried, the harder he choked me.

One minute later, I saw black dots starting to overtake my vision, and then everything went black.

---

*Wednesday, January 1, 2020; 11:42 A.M. (present time)*

*Still Linden's point of view*

Whenever I have to deal with Ian's bullshit, I always go to something that's like a play pretend of sorts.

For as long as I can remember, I've fantasized about escaping this hellhole one day, and possibly finding someone who doesn't treat me like how Ian and Rodney do.

I've also had various dreams about me being in romantic or platonic relationships with people, sometimes they're masculine, sometimes they're feminine, or sometimes they're androgynous. These are usually random people that I've seen over the years, or people that I didn't even know existed.

I had a kind of weird one about Adelina, though.

---

We were both in some space-like setting that she had apparently made for us, I was wearing a short blue and silver dress with black heels, black feather earrings, and a gold pendant necklace; and she was wearing a suit with heels that were similar to mine. We were looking up at galaxies, planets, and moons in the sky, and she was standing behind me with her hand on my hip.

"This is beautiful, isn't it?" Adelina says, while slightly moving her hand up and down my side.

"Yeah." I reply.

I turn around and swoon as she says: "But it's not as beautiful as you, though." I love when she calls me beautiful. For some reason, hearing that from her always makes it sound so genuine.

"You know, Adelina, I really love this thing that you and I have. You make me feel like I belong."

"That's because you do belong, Linden." She says, looking deeply into my eyes. "Anyone who thinks otherwise can fuck off."

Despite Adelina's foul language, her words were really moving to me. Her saying that the way she did made me feel like she truly meant what she said. For once, it felt like I mattered to someone.

"I love you, Adelina."

"I love you too, Linden."

"Oh my god, she said it back. She said it back!" I thought.