Chapter Two: Lotus

Trigger warnings for this chapter:

• Triggering/harsh language

• Violence

• Domestic violence

• Sexual assault

• Topics of self harm

• Suicidal thoughts and ideation

• Physical assault

--

*Saturday, December 28, 2019; 9:36 P.M. (present time)*

*Linden's point of view*

I don't know how much time passed, but it felt like an eternity.

I'm facing the wall, with my eyes closed, feeling as if I got hit by a train, and barely being able to stand.

"Turn around." Ian says, making me break out into a cold sweat.

I turn around to face him, and I wince in pain.

"You brought this on yourself, you know that, right? Why can't you just obey me like how you're supposed to? Why do you always do stupid shit?"

He pauses for a minute.

"Why can't you just be normal, huh?"

"Why can't you just be normal like the rest of us?!"

"Because I'm not brainwashed like you." I thought, while shifting my eyes to the floor.

"I'm leaving now. You know what'll happen if you move 1 inch from where you're standing. Also, I still want you to do that thing for me later."

And just like that, he leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

---

Meanwhile...

*Adrian's point of view*

I arrive at my place, and I go up to my room to change into something more comfortable. Before I change, I pick up my phone, and I type into the notes app:

"Note to self: The gala is on the 31st; don't forget to pick out something formal."

Once I'm finished, I change into my night clothes, and I get into my bed. Before I know it, I'm fast asleep.

---

11:26 P.M.

*Linden's point of view*

Despite the fact that Ian had savagely beat me barely two hours ago, he still wanted me to try on my dress for the gala. (Apparently, this was the thing he wanted me to do earlier.)

I hated trying on clothes for him. He'd make me change in front of him, and he'd always judge how I looked.

Anyway, once I have my dress on, I stand in front of Ian, waiting for him to say something.