Chapter Twelve: It had to be you.

Trigger warnings for this chapter:

• Violence

• Mentions of human trafficking

• Triggering language

• Misogynistic comments

• Domestic violence

*Saturday, February 22, 2020; 6:15 P.M.*

*Adrian's point of view*

"OK, I think that he's gone." I think to myself, as I hear a car drive away.

"Well, well, well. Looks like we've got ourselves a sucker, here."

I turn around to see 2 guys dressed in all black, wearing sunglasses. The looks on their faces meant that they mean business.

They don't intimidate me, though. In my opinion, they look like they're my original guy's security guards, but it seems like they might be the ONLY security guards.

"Fuck. Are you kidding me?"

"Who the fuck do you guys think you're calling a sucker? I'll kick both your asses before you two even have a chance to think."

"What the hell, dude, you didn't tell me that the intruder was a woman, you said it was a guy."

"Oh, come on, man, are you serious? This makes our job easier, because I can't be the only one who sees this. do you even see how weak and short she is, compared to us? Taking her down wouldn't even take two seconds. Plus, these intruders are usually sloppy anyway."

Wow, these guys are SO stupid. Not only are they talking about me like I'm not within barely two feet of them, but they're also being extremely sexist, too. The idiocy.

As the second guy is talking, I sneak up behind him, put a hand over his mouth, and then I stab him in his back.

"Shush, it's okay. It'll all be over soon, my boy."

"You bitch!" The other guy yells, as he lunges at me.

He attempts to punch me in my shoulder, but I dodge him. I throw more punches at him, and just as he looks like he's about to collapse,

He hits me in the chest with his knees, and I fall to the ground.

Surprisingly, I didn't feel anything, and instead of staying on the ground, I detach my gun from my belt, I get back up, and I hit him in the face. Not with the gun, but with my fist.

Before he can start fighting me again, I kneel down beside him, I point my gun at his forehead, and I turn the gun's safety off.

"Where are they? Where is your boss keeping those girls?"

"I don't know what you're talking about—" I pistol whip the side of his face before he has the chance to finish his sentence.

"Oh, you're going to tell me where they are, asshole. If you don't tell me where they are, then I'll kill you, and I'll go looking for them by myself."

"Fine. They're upstairs, in the main building. There's a combination lock on the door to the room that they're in. I don't know what the code is to the lock, though."

"Eh. Good enough. You see, there's a reason why you guys failed: because you're partaking in something immoral."

"Every time you do someone wrong, it comes back to you. Like right now. You messed with the bull, and now you're about to get the horns."